Question about the Dealing Desk

Discussion in 'Forex' started by slaphappy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I wouldn't trade with Oanda again if they were the last marketmaker on earth!

I was happy with them at the beginning but in the last few months things have got progressively worse and they've become the bucketshop from hell. No way could an intraday trader put up with all that nonsense going on, this video is just one example:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dz21xxsxjjm

I didn't realize you were talking about mini accounts as well, that's disgusting and there really is no excuse for it. This is exactly what Oanda have done, advertised .9 pip spread on Eur/Usd to attract customers but in reality they end up paying maybe 3 or 4 pips!

Things like this will always happen when 90% of a rogue bucketshop's client base is probably too dumb to notice :)

#11     Jul 12, 2008
  2. Wonderful metaphor !

#12     Jul 12, 2008
  3. we run 5 fx broker feeds and eur/usd future feed direct from CME.

the manipulation claims are bullshit, spread by losing traders who need an excuse. all 6 of our feeds are rarely off b more than 3 pips, if so arb opps exist and are quickly exploited.

think about it silly people on this thread, they spike it to take you out, just as many or more will be fading the spike--- THERE is no advantage to the dealer. THey sweep like a scicle, LMAO! i wish since if this happens, its profits for us BIG PROFITS. how dumb can you be>??

don't use stops, open multiple accounts and YOU will win in FX. no stops due to the nature of the market, not dealer shenanigans.

HLJ

#13     Jul 12, 2008
  4. You said ....

Don't use stops, let your open position, aehm, your loss go ...

Great for all the shops around !!!

It's not the market, it's the provider .... where I've heard this ? ;)

It's interesting to hear the opinions of a MM or an instituitional trader ...

#14     Jul 12, 2008

5. thanks, but im just a regular guy who THINKS. no, you dont just let your losses go, i should have been clear, no FIXED stops on the dealer platform--stops need a price and TIME element not avaiable on standard dealer platforms. SPIKES DONT HAVE THE TIME ELEMENT TO GET STOPPED OUT WHEN STOPS ARE NOT FIXED, A SPIKE WITH THE TIME ELEMENT IS NOT A SPIKE BUT RATHER A CHANGE IN TREND.

YOU DONT NEED TO BE A BSD TO RUN 5 PLUS FEEDS, THINK!

JUST THINK!

HLJ

#15     Jul 12, 2008
  6. How do you cope with this ? Try to explain your technique ...

#16     Jul 12, 2008
  7. I'm not sure I'd call the manipulation in this video bullshit, and it would not have been exploitable I guarantee it! Very small platform arb opportunities due to latency do exist on occasions but exploiting them to any worthwhile degree is easier said than done. You might cover the spread but that's about all in my experience, if you're doing better than that then you have my respect and please feel free to share how you do it ;)

In theory spiking price to take out stops wouldn't really be a risk issue for a marketmaker because there's no need for them to fill market orders from platform arbitragers at that price, they'll either requote, reject the order, give slippage, or if all else fails simply reverse the trade later with an excuse that it was bad data and the price never existed. The more obvious issue for them would be the number of complaints from traders who got stopped out on a mystery spike unique only to their platform, it wouldn't do their rep much good which is probably why it simply doesn't happen that often ;)

#17     Jul 12, 2008
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Thats what I've heard... Sad, really.

Out of curiousity, which retails are honest, in your opinion?

#18     Jul 12, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Wow, one guy *watched* a feed and declared buckets clean!

Brokers have the ability to routinely slip, slow, spike and reject orders on total or individual basis.

The point - once you step onto the feild and start swinging the bat, you'll find **execution** differs significantly from whats posted on the screen. If you get profitable, you're feed will change too!

#19     Jul 12, 2008

10. You're suggesting that brokers send customized feeds to different players based on their performance??!!

I'm having a hard time believing that.

#20     Jul 12, 2008