Question about the computer to buy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bluegar3, Dec 29, 2006.

1. How do you run it on RAM drive????? Are any programs needed to do that???? What is the trick????

#31     Jan 14, 2007
  2. With respect, bighog, I think that's changing, at least for some users. Convergence is the catchword, isn't it.

Families will still have a TV room with a big screen, but I can see the day when that big screen is just a remote monitor hooked up to the central computer and all media are requested through the computer. Home music can be the same way with wirelessly connected remote speaker setups.

The LCD monitors I am looking at these days are actually HDTVs as well. I have been realizing that for my needs, there may soon come a day when I don't need a TV (i.e. paying the cable company, at least for their current coaxial out-the-wall product) because my needs might be met over the 'net (news, sports, and sports, in that order).

Certainly the gaming console manufacturers are trying to create some convergences.

I don't think component home electronics are dead yet, but options are going to be available soon enough. These will be attractive to singles living alone for sure.

Agree with this 100%. They were pulling some weird stuff with their monitors, establishing a line with a nice S-IPS panel then swapping in cheaper panels when the units started moving in numbers.

#32     Jan 14, 2007