question about swift trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bighitter1, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Canadian Swift Traders start at 35% that scales up to 50% if you make big money. From what I understand and please correct me if I'm wrong but the China offices start at 5%-10% and I am not aware of any scale. That's why there are so many offices in China! I believe this to be completely immoral.

#11     Mar 31, 2006
  2. let me ask you this.....what is minimum wage in China...and what is minimum wage in Canada.....do you think they are comparable?...........NO.......so shut the hell up with your immorality crap about how much a firm pays their "employees" when talking about two different countries........how about you try and post something with some common sense or at least some intelligence behind it.........like say......hhhmmmm, there seems to be a large number of branches opening up in China because....oh say...there is 1 billion people there compared to canada's 30 million......and why do you think GM and Ford have plants in Mexico....could it be because they can pay their employees less and pay less taxes.....ooooo...how immoral........but seems pretty brilliant from a business perspective.....and last time i checked a business person doesnt open a business and risk their own money in doing so to make their "employees" rich.....they do it to make themselves rich.....so please.....again...think before you post something.....try and think to yourself..."what would i do?".......if you opened a 7-11 would you pay your employees 20 bucks an hour...no you'd pay the least amount you could to maintain the level of service you want your business to have.......just like any person who is opening a Swifttrade branch or any other business in China or anywhere else on the planet for that matter!

#12     Apr 1, 2006
  3. First of all, the minimum wage in China is practically zero. It's a communist country and worker's rights are non existent.

Let's say for example a Chinese trader grosses $4000 a month. You and I both know a large percentage of Swifty's struggle to put up even that much. 10% of that is $400. Out of that comes 1 entitlement approx $70 (maybe even 2 entitlements) and a $100 desk fee. Leaving the trader with $230. That's under 6% of the original $4000.

Why don't you go see what kind of lifestyle that will buy you in Hong Kong or Beijing? You'd have to trade your 'BWM' for a rickety old bicycle.

Maybe you don't have a problem raking over 94% off a trader but I guess Mr. 'Trailer' does. If you can put business that far ahead of morality more power to you but you still have look at yourself in the mirror and be comfortable with what looks back at you. Good luck with that.

#13     Apr 1, 2006
  4. I honestly don't care where the person is from. If they can do the same work as Canadian Joe then they deserve the same pay. Clown_humper is 100% correct, if you can do this to another human being then power to you. I couldn't. I put my morals above stepping on people, which is exactly what Swift is doing in China.

I truly hope that as soon as the Chinese Swift trader's become profitable that they all leave for much, much greener pastures. And you do know that slavery has been abolished right?? Swift and the branch manager receiving 90% commission from a Chinese trader is basically slavery in any damn country you're from.

Interesting comparison about GM and Ford with Swift. Isn't GM the company that almost went under recently? Isn't Swift making huge amounts of money off their traders? How is this even a comparison? Just try and show compassion for these people living in a third world country. Agreeing that they should be paid more most likely won't change anything, but it'll stop people from thinking you're an uncompassionate a$$hole.

#14     Apr 2, 2006
  5. I think by now everyone knows that tons ( i dont know any %'s) of large companies outsource to save money, and they pay what is demanded, not what is morally required.

The comical part of this debate in my opinion is how everyone is so contented with teh status quo of swifttrade and no one ever does anything to change it.... Why dont you righteous folk go open an office in china and pay 20, 30 50% whatever and put them out of business? Lack of capital? No business sense? Not smart enough? Lazy? Who knows. The fact is that china branches are already making money as are lots of international branches, and some hungarian or polish or something guy from toronto is kicking all of your asses (and mine obviuosly) to the cash and raking in thick dough while we fight about payout on some internet message board.... sad.

#15     Apr 2, 2006
    #16     Apr 2, 2006
  7. There's a reason why they call it the "job market". These people aren't being strapped to desks and told to trade and all they get is a couple bowls of rice; they're willing participants who accepted the terms of employment as independent contactors. If they're being exploited, it's because they've put themselves in that position.

#17     Apr 3, 2006

8. It really doesn't matter if it's Swift HO or the foreign branch manager scooping up the lion's share of the profit's (and I know for a fact it is the branch managers). The bottom line is the trader is getting a bad deal. An extra 5% isn't exactly going to cut that deep into already ridiculous profit margins.

I find it a little funny that the guys who have no problem with a chinese/international trader getting screwed are themselves quite happy to give up 65% of their own profits.

:D :D :D

#18     Apr 3, 2006
  9. GGSAE

GGSAE

It still boggles my mind why any 'good' swift trader stays under that payout.

#19     Apr 6, 2006
  10. I liken it to a momma's boy leaving home. You learn in the safety of the womb, and not everyone can muster up the balls to cut the cord.

Either that or they cant make money on regular commision structures.

#20     Apr 6, 2006