Question about Steve Woods 2400% return

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tradin4profit, Sep 17, 2001.

1. To everyone on this thread concerning my Float Analysis ideas,

I apologize for not being able to respond yesterday to more than one comment. The person I responded to emailed me earlier in the week and I was rather blunt with him. (Everybody in the country seems a little on edge lately, wouldn't you say.)

In any event, I have some time this morning to respond to the existing comments and so I will.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com
    :)

#31     Sep 21, 2001
  2. Dear Dufferdon,

I appreciated your comments about peer reviews and the need for such in trading literature. When I wrote my book (which by the way I just wanted simply called "The Principles of Float Analysis" and had to fight my publisher to even get the word "Float" in the present title which I dislike) it was read and endorsed by both Martin Pring and Lawrence McMillan. Presently a Professor Erik C. Benrud, CFA, PhD at the Dept. of Finance, Merrick School of Business, University of Baltimore is in talks with we on a formal paper being created on my work for the academic community. If you check out the reviews of my book and the endorsements and testimonials there is an overwhelming amount of positive comments. So I totally agree with you, peer review is important.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#32     Sep 21, 2001
  3. Hello Nicodemus,

I don't think in my case the adage "Whenever a system or a guru gets popular its too late" particularly applies. First off what I've come up with are some new tools for traders to use to get a better handle on accumulation, distribution, support, resistance, smart money, and dumb money. These tools are cash cows or a way to make easy money in the market. They are also not a "system" or a "strategy" they are simply new tools that many traders in the industry are being to use to their advantage. In talking with others about my work I sometimes say "it's kind of like a new tape measure that a carpenter might use. Nobody thought of this kind of tape measure before me and it produces some very interest measurements."

Secondly I don't see myself as a guru or market wizard. I'm an ex-elementary school teacher who like so many others in this country are just trying to live the American dream of raising a family and having money for college and retirement.

As to the popularity of my ideas I have to laugh. The number of people who know about Float Analysis is quite small but I am hoping to share my ideas with as many people as possible.

Even so I don't expect that my work will have that much impact on market action except to make traders better analysts than they presently are.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#33     Sep 21, 2001
  4. Steve Woods,

I can't say I'm surprised that you didn't respond to my question. People who are hiding true evidence of their actual trading returns usually bob and weave.

You probably have a nice book, but you are no quality trader, let's face facts. If you were, you would have been happy to share with us your actual returns and the time frame as well as initial investment.

BE honest with people, it eill serve to enhance your reputation. I wouldn't invest a nickel with your strategy based on how you dodged the relevant questions here.

Sam

#34     Sep 21, 2001
  5. Hello Sam Contari,

Thanks for your comments about people nagging people. I feel the same way you do although I don't think Babak was doing that here. I enjoy talking to those who have taken the time to study my work and can then ask relevant questions but I also enjoy answering questions from newcomers as well.

In regard to how much my initial investment was, I think you didn't read Tymjr's comment because he quoted my book in which it says "In the sixteen months from September 1998 to January 2000, I took a small account of a few thousand dollars and grew it tenfold."

Now in regard to producing a professional audit of my claim that I made a 24fold move in 17 months I haven't gotten around to doing this. Maybe I should stop telling people the truth because of this but in my heart I know the account went 24fold in that last month of the bull market and so I decided to make a public statement to that effect.

If that's not good enough for you …I'm sorry.

I believe my ideas will stand the test of time because they are basically quite simple and make the process of analyzing stocks easier.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#35     Sep 21, 2001
  6. Hello Demi,

I would be happy to post some stocks from my newsletter of the past few weeks and discuss them. Float Analysis is my passion and I love to talk about it.

One that is posted on the bottom of my website's homepage is IGT. I put out a sell recommendation on it just before it collapsed. It had made a float turnover at the top formation with the price dropping below the ownership that was "stuck at the top." It then had a rebound back up toward the float turnover at the top and then started rolling over.

Another was DRMD. I called a top to the day and it has done exactly as I expected. After making a float turnover base in a rising trend it got extended one turnover which was the signal that it was running out of steam and about to pull back.

Another was ALLY which I said was headed lower on August 20th. It had made a float turnover weak base of support and couldn't sustain the rise it was making.

That's all I have time for now.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#36     Sep 21, 2001
  7. Hello again Sam,

Yours was not the only question to reply to. I have responded to people individually.

Regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#37     Sep 21, 2001
  8. Hi Steve,

thanks for taking the time to try to address everyone. I appreciate it.

You have to understand, I'm always skeptical of "I made +XYZ%, and believe me because I'm telling you".

But To patiently answer questions like you have here shows you are trying your best to be straightforward, and i'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

Good Luck!!

Sam

#38     Sep 21, 2001
  9. DJC

DJC

Sam Contari,

I don't understand your last post. You repeatedly asked Steve Woods to verify his claims of trading success with broker records and were very sceptical of his claims. He responded to you by saying that he "hadn't had time to get around to it". After this answer you seem to be happy and thank him for his response. It would seem to me that anyone who has had the time to write a book about it, run a web site based on it, and do seminars regarding it, would have somewhere along the line had the time to varify it........ Is ' I haven't had time to get around to it, but I know in my heart it really happened' really good enough for you??

DJC

#39     Sep 21, 2001
  10. He answered the question of whether they were verified-- and they aren't.

So I wouldn't invest a nickel with him, but I do give him credit for coming to this board and being a gentleman.

It would have been worse if he didn't address the questions, but he did. Come on, give him alittle credit for standing up for himself, rather than hiding.

So I am satisfied, he has no audit, and his returns cannot be trusted.

Sam

#40     Sep 21, 2001