Question about Steve Woods 2400% return

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Tradin4profit, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Does that include Tony Oz, nastrader?

#101     Oct 14, 2001
  2. Dustin

Dustin

I think those who are criticizing Steve are missing the bigger picture. When I buy a trading book I hope to get just one new idea out of it. Steve has brought forth that new idea. I don't care if he made money with it or not, because that doesn't mean I will have the same results. You are all way too fixated on his returns, profitability etc. There are no holy grails that will return 2400% a year and we all know that...move on!

I thank Steve for being so patient with some of the newer traders on this board. They don't have the experience to understand that one idea can mean the difference between success and failure.

Dustin

#102     Oct 15, 2001
  3. tymjr

tymjr

Dustin: “When I buy a trading book I hope to get just one new idea out of it. Steve has brought forth that new idea. I don't care if he made money with it or not, because that doens't mean I will have the same results.”

Not to mention the possibility that while a given idea may not work well for some individuals in it’s present form, the concept may spark a trader to explore related avenues that ultimately prove to be worthwhile.

Really, really, really excellent post, Dustin. Mirrors my thoughts exactly.

#103     Oct 15, 2001
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. I think dustin has hit on a major point here. The idea of float churn is really a new and great idea. I don't know if I would have thought of it myself, or used it as much as I currently do. I've spent the last half dozen hours basically going over lots of trades that I've done, and in about 75% of the cases of loosing trades, float analysis would have kept me out of the trade.... Very interesting things. I may publish my results/thoughts on this at a later date as I have more data available to interpret. I would like to thank steve for taking the time to talk with this board. I'm ordering his book now from amazon. I'm sure that if he hit on this idea, he must have more pearls of wisdom in that book.

#104     Oct 15, 2001
  5. I'd like to thank Dustin, Tymjr, and Praetorian2 for their comments.

Praetorian2, it may too late if you already ordered the book from Amazon.com, but it is $20 less expensive at TradersLibrary.com where it is also #4 on the best sellers list.

Best regards,

Steve Woods
    FloatAnalysis.com

#105     Oct 15, 2001
  6. A newbie, boogie house, comes all the way to this board, just this month, just to throw in his 2 cents about me! Wow! I can't believe someone could be so interested in me to dedicate his first post to me! I'm Bucky proud!

Sam

p.s. thanks, Steve, for your offer, but I'd rather pay for your book. As I've always said, I can see you are an excellent writer, and a patient man to deal with this board. Best of luck to you. And Steve, remember what I said about how to improve your skills in short selling.

:D :D :D

#106     Oct 15, 2001
  7. Is there historical float/shares-out data for stocks available online?

#107     Feb 2, 2004
  8. excrypto

excrypto

Anyone still follow Float analysis or know what happened to Steve?

#108     Nov 13, 2023
  9. ironchef

ironchef

Thanks.

The $64,000 question: Are you using his system and are you profitable?

#109     Nov 14, 2023
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Actually me too, during those dotcom days, except by 2003 I gave them all back. I now know I should take some $ off the table, but everyone in 2000 said this time's different.

So, ask him how he did after those tenfolds.

#110     Nov 14, 2023