Question about pursuing a career trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bluegar3, Jan 3, 2007.

1. I am very new to trading and am doing my researching by reading books, watching CDs to learn how to trade profitablily. I talked to a trader today who said that it is not a good career to go into. The huge increase in competition is constantly cutting into the traders profit and will continue to do so year after year.

Just wondering what you guys have to say about this.

Thanks

2. Hmmmm, that can be said about just about any career choice you might make right now. Oh, maybe a government job would be your speed if you do not like a competitve field.

3. The difference from a hobby to a career in my opinion is that as a hobby, you can patiently wait for good trade oportunities before risking capital. As a career, you more apt to try to force trades to make your monthly nutt unless you start with very deep pockets. Better to create wealth with a hobby initially, than to rely on it for income.

4. madrid9

madrid9

no its not a good idea to go into trading if you don't have some type of advantage over other traders

ask yourself a simple question.

do you think you are sharp enough to steal or find an advantage over others.

only you can answer that question

oh and one more thing bud, if it takes you too long to answer that question

well you know the answer :)