Question about OptionStation2000i

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dojistar, Aug 25, 2002.

1. dojistar

dojistar

I am thinking about getting Optionstation2000i and would like to hear the opinions of Traders who have previously used it and Traders using it at the moment,replys much appreciated

2. nitro

nitro

dojistar,

I own TS 2000i Platinum, which includes TS, OptionStation, and RadarScreen.

Although I have not used OptionStation that much, I have used the other two extensively. If OS 2000i is anything like the other two, it is a joke and not worth much (I can tell you right off the bat that having to deal with Global Server is a nightmare.)

I will say this. TS6 (pro) is a HUGE improvement over any Omega product - it is the first product that really addresses the professional trader. If Omega decides to update OS and RS and does as good a job with TS6, I think, IMHO, they will take a bunch of customers away from OptionView, etc.

nitro

3. I agree.

4. Just a quick question for anyone who might be using OptionVue...I read on another thread about the "nickel and diming" of OptionVue, but it has been a few years since I used their product...From what I understand, after you purchase the product, they force you to add the $400 add-on to receive real time quotes...if you want to track your trades, another $400...Seems to me these guys are like the MSFT of the options analytics world...