question about mirus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nestleeg, Jan 12, 2008.

1. gttrader

gttrader

If anyone here were to answer how would you know they were correct. Call Mirus and ask them yourself, then call at least two other brokers and ask the same questions, then you will be in an informed position to decide which to open an account with.

#21     Jan 18, 2008
  2. nestleeg

nestleeg

my last questions in the last post are not about a specific broker, mirus or any other.. they are about the details of the process of opening an account with a broker, since i didn't do it before i would like some advice form other experienced traders.

thanks

#22     Jan 18, 2008
  3. <i>"my last questions in the last post are not about a specific broker, mirus or any other.. they are about the details of the process of opening an account with a broker, since i didn't do it before i would like some advice form other experienced traders.
    thanks"</i>

You seem to have an unusual fixation on loss of capital due to fraud issues. That may be a big concern in FX, but almost nil in the regulated futures world with prominent brokers / clearing firms.

If the veteran traders here seem to be dismissing you, it's because we spend all of our time worrying about avoiding losses in the market. Losses from the brokerage end is our least concern. You'll soon learn the order of priority once you go live, and your focus will shift accordingly.

#23     Jan 18, 2008
  4. nestleeg

nestleeg

thanks austin, but i hope u understand my concerns since i dont know at all the dynamics of a broker/ trader relationship.. like for example should the associated person at the firm know your login info and pass or not,when he send it to a trader via phone or email (in both ways he would see the login info)..

such question i would not ask the broker, coz then he may take advantage of my lack of knowledge.. thats why i came here to hear form fellow traders.

thanks a lot for your time and i hope for u as well as me successful trading..

#24     Jan 18, 2008
  5. can someone tell me the commission they are paying through mirus trading? I submitted commission quote request 3 times but havent heard anything back, almost 3 days now.

Currently using their zenfire feed with NT for paper trading and am happy with it.

Markets: CBOT - YM
    Average Daily Volume: 20-50 roundturns

how much do they charge for 1 rt for 1 YM contract?

are there any other cost involved other than commission mirus charges you? Do you basically get the zen-fire feed for free?

thanks

#25     Feb 16, 2008
  6. #26     Feb 16, 2008
  7. buybig

buybig

call em up.. ask for Perry..

was more than receptive.. it took RCG longer to set me up than Mirus..

basic plan is 5$ round turn w/ no fees.

got to say im impressed w/the speed..

you can tweak NT a bit to make it faster though

#27     Feb 16, 2008
  8. if you really like nt, and you want to explore further options when it comes to data providers pumping market data into nt, call someone at manduca trading to discuss their back-ends. they are an ib located in chicago and specialize in futures and forex. best of luck with your trading

#28     Feb 23, 2008
  9. 4.25 per round turn with Mirus

#29     Feb 23, 2008
  10. Also,

If you're a vendor, from what I gather, it seems they will vouch for you. Even to the point of violating the privacy act!

Great for business!

#30     Feb 23, 2008