question about mirus

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nestleeg, Jan 12, 2008.

1. I think this was an easy situation to verify with a simple phone call..glad someone was able to do the obvious. :)

I do not have an account at Mirus but I know of several traders that do, and they have all said nothing but good about Mirus.

#11     Jan 16, 2008
  2. for the guys with mirus who do u prefer as a clearing firm

RCG or Dorman

#12     Jan 16, 2008
  3. I'm very happy with Mirus. I haven't had any problems with my RCG account, but I have tried to get a live and knowledgeable person on the phone at RCG for a question (not so easy). Service (should you ever need it) is likely a bit better at Dorman.

#13     Jan 16, 2008
  4. nestleeg

nestleeg

reneclemens,

i am not a broker, i am an individual beginer trader who wanted some advice on setting up my first real account.

when i was looking into mirus (which i like since they offer zen with ninja) i checked them at the nfa (which any one should do when opening with a broker) and then posted the results here, to get some feedback from people who are with mirus and that what you did and i am thankful..

now that this is over with, can i ask a couple more question about mirus or rather about opening with any broker in general (as long as u dont take this as an attack:)

<B>1-</B> when you get the login info and password to your account, does the associated broker at the firm knows it since s/he will be sending it to you via email or over the phone... is it normal for the AP to know your login info?

<B>2-</B> what happens if s/he takes advantage of it, i read on rcg pdf application that they are not liable for any unauthorized use of the login info, but what if it happen form the firms part?

<B>3-</B> what to do when you find a trade that u didnt do in your statement?

<B>4- </B>when u place an order do u see it immediately in the rcg archive or passport

<B>5-</B> what are the things that you can do when u log into mirus website

<B>6- </B>what is the margin call set at (esp at mirus) for cme, eurex and ice...

is it a call in the sense that sb "phones u to inform u" or is it by email...

<B>7-</B> what happens when u reach the margin call balance do they flatten you position until u fund more?

as u can see most of the question are about the details of having a live account which i didnt have before and was looking for your advice and guidance..

<B>its a long post and i numberd the questions to make it easier for any body who would kindly share his experience and advice me..</B>

thanks
    :)

#14     Jan 17, 2008
  5. Man, I'm so glad I'm not a broker...

M

#15     Jan 17, 2008
  6. Moderate - I like Dorman much more than RCG.

#16     Jan 17, 2008
  7. much more ooo:D

#17     Jan 17, 2008
  8. Yes..that was a joke..MUCH, MUCH MORE! :D

#18     Jan 17, 2008
  9. nestleeg

nestleeg

i d really appreciate any one putting his 2cents about the questions on my last post.. i really need some advice opening up my first real one

thanks

#19     Jan 17, 2008
  10. nevadan

nevadan

I use Mirus and imo Dorman is preferable.

#20     Jan 17, 2008