Question about mini soybean

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by lasner, Jul 2, 2008.

1. lasner

lasner

Anyone know what the price movement is for the mini soybean contract. Is it one penny move is $10??

2. Surdo

Surdo

3. 8th

Yes, a one penny move is $10.00. The 1.25 per tick is per 1/8th cent. The contracts don't trade in 1/8th of a tick usually. Just in 1/4 cent ticks.

4. Surdo

Surdo

It looks like the minis are priced in 1/8's and full size beans are priced in 1/4's? The mini contract should be worth 1/5 of the full size contract, 5000 bushels vs. 1000. So a penny move = $50 on the full size vs $10 on the mini.

I am ready to trade beans!

surdo

5. lasner

lasner

I like shorting beans but it's still a little too high for me. I'm trading on a 14k account.

6. are you serious?..with $14k and you will not even trade large soybeans much less mini soybeans...hmmm..what in the world will you trade?..please clarify..

7. Why? have you looked at the daily/weekly charts what tells you this is going to change?

8. Subdude

Subdude

Not sure what you mean here - a $14K acct is more than sufficient to trade mini soybeans. A $0.20 move is $200 which is about 1.5% of acct value - what's the problem?

9. Mate that increasenow is a joke do not listen to him the best thing i ever did (on this site) is put him on ignore I advise others to do so as well

10. olias

olias

Do you follow the fundamentals or are you just looking at technicals?

I think you need to stay abreast of what's happening with fundamentals if you're trading grains.

#10     Jul 3, 2008