Question about Java implementations and frameworks for algorithmic trading, and relevant techniques?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Blonde, Mar 15, 2021.

1. 2rosy

2rosy

yes the links I posted help with java in you realm. specifically off heap management and handling real time reactive messaging

#31     Mar 16, 2021
    Blonde likes this.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly

I understand you have Asperger, but your links are not going to help his case

#32     Mar 16, 2021
  3. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @ValeryN

Thanks for the advice. May I ask about programming and implementation, please? My question is about the Robot you created for trading. Is this Robot have any monitoring feature? e.g. do you see what's going on on trading on the candlestick charts? Do you see your analysis lines going on live alongside the trading decisions made? I mean a window that shows a single chart with a candlestick on and that shows your analysis lines in live over candlesticks? What about TWS, is the TWS-Java-API have any chart window by itself to monitor the trading and strategy live? What about the TWS, if the TWS is showing your strategy live while your Robot is taking trading decisions? I mean like this:
    0000.jpg

Thus, could you elaborate if your Robot is drawing lines on a live candlestick chart and indicating position-open and position-close as well? How can I add this feature to a Robot on IB TWS-Java-API, please? Is it possible to see the monitoring of the Robot on the chart on TWS-Java-API? or TWS itself? Is this make sense what I mean?

Tnx and best of luck

#33     Mar 17, 2021
  4. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @trend2009

Java has many technologies and implementation methods from the Sun-microsystem era, some called frameworks and some technologies, etc

I'm looking for a professional algorithmic trader and Java developer to answer to my post and they may able to shed a light on the concept of my post.

Best of luck

#34     Mar 17, 2021
  5. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @stochastix

I'm so happy you succeed at being profitable at an excellent rate of ROI. :thumbsup: May I ask did you developed everything in Java, please? What technologies of java applied to your Robot overall and how do you use them in implementing what section please? Do you implemented a Database and was it for logging or was it for live analysis and decision making or both please? or you rather used a large memory to cache everything in memory with or without Java Database connectivity, please??
    If you used IB as a broker for it or was it another broker? Was it TWS-Java-API or Java-FIX-API, please?
    I want to implement a monitoring candlestick chart to my Robot with IB, to e able to see how analysis is going on live and how the Robot is doing? Something like below:
    0000.jpg

Is the TWS-Java-API naively have this feature to see the trading robot? e.g. I write a Robot that also do trading decisions but part of Robot draw a graph of live analysis(like an indicator or something) on candlesticks chart that as Robot's graphical feature, but it needs Candlesticks live chart to display the analysis on it, this the TWS-Java-API shall have this candlestick window natively or the TWS shall have a feature to display the live Robot's graphical part live on the candlestick chart, please? Could you advise me how shall I do this, please?

Tnx and best of luck

#35     Mar 17, 2021
  6. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @2rosy

Thanks. May please comment on how shall I see the live Robot's performance monitoring on the candlestick chart like below, e.g. this is the robot's graphical drawing part, will the TWS-Java-API have native candlesticks window t show me the monitoring section I'm going to implement in my Robot? if not, will the TWS be able to show the monitoring for a live trading Robot like below:
    0000.jpg

May please help me implement this feature with IB, please?

Tnx and best of luck

#36     Mar 17, 2021
  7. No, it is not possible to show your robot trades in TWS. The API is completely separate from TWS. It only uses TWS (or Gateway) to connect to IBKR's servers to receive data or send orders.

#37     Mar 17, 2021
  8. Butterfly

Butterfly

I am starting to suspect that it's actually a robot posting, nobody could be that naive and clueless!!! oh wait, we are on ET :)

#38     Mar 18, 2021
    shuraver likes this.
  9. In defense of the person asking the question: in MT4/MT5 is it possible to make it visible what the software does. And those automated trading systems are called "robots" in MT4/MT5. If you don't know any better you would think that all trading packages would provide the same features as MT4/MT5.

#39     Mar 18, 2021
    Blonde likes this.
  10. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @HobbyTrading

Thank you. I'm explaining to clarify my point, to highlight my point here, my question is not about running Robot on the TWS(or any trading platform), it was about running Robot as StandAlone Java application on TWS-Java-API by Java-SDK+TWS-SDK is my point here?

As per my knowledge of today, I wasn't aware of this capacity of SDK in MT4(I don't use MT5 much, but I may like to have it). The extend of Robot development on the MT4 is until you create a '.dll' and the whole Robot developed shall be run on the MT4, and MT4 chart window can monitor the progress as like any other trading platforms can do. I shall clarify that MT4 and MetaQuotes can't develop StandAlone-Robot as sophisticated as my plan is, but then whatever is developer, can't be run as StandAlone-Robot, as per my knowledge of today I don't know a way for this to be done in MT4. And as per my knowledge of today, there is not much difference between MT4 and MT5 in terms of the terms of development that I highlighted, is this making sense?

Thank you for your advice, support, and defense, yeay!

Tnx and best of luck

#40     Mar 18, 2021