Question about Java implementations and frameworks for algorithmic trading, and relevant techniques?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Blonde, Mar 15, 2021.

1. ph1l

ph1l

The problem I see with Malbolge is the limited number of platforms it will run on. A more "practical" language that can look the same whether encrypted or not (very important for protecting intellectual property) is Perl. For example,
    upload_2021-3-15_14-35-29.png
    :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    #11     Mar 15, 2021
    fan27 likes this.
  2. ValeryN

ValeryN

public static void main() {
    // your code here
    }

Good news - performance is likely going to the last problem you need to be worried about when it comes to retail level algorithmic trading.

#12     Mar 15, 2021
    stochastix likes this.
  3. don't give a fuck. 6.9% return a month for the last year . after taxes . eat a dick, peasant

#13     Mar 15, 2021
    Blonde likes this.
  4. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @DiceAreCast

Thanks. If you believe the best of the best for Futures/FX algorithmic-trading isn't Java in your opinion, what do you suggest besides Python and R? Then as you explained, if I need I can code in Python or R or both and then call them in Java as there are multiple procedures involved for it.
    I like Java because it's reliable, because I can trust the performance, because it can be configured through a process for low-latency execution. As if Java wasn't made for the Financial markets, the big players like IB can instantly drop developing their platform in Java, they also trust this, why shouldn't I? Also I prefer Java as a personal choice because I can't put my trust in any other language as much as I can trust Java.

What do you suggest that can be more trustable and reliable than Java? I mean easily implementable concepts because of rich libraries of Python and R as if they can be called into Java, they what else can be a better option?

Tnx and best of luck

#14     Mar 15, 2021
  5. are you talking about yourself again?

#15     Mar 15, 2021
  6. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @2rosy

Thanks. My application in Java is just an algorithmic trading program that also does decide and take Buy or Sell or both decisions, alongside it draws the analysis graph on the candlestick chart. e.g. I see how my analysis is going on in real-time while it can potentially enter into a buy/sell position or open pending orders, or just take the responsibility of monitoring trade to close it at the right time if you know what I mean?
    I want to configure Java for low-latency and high performance to reply to my real-time computing needs in financial markets. May please comment if the answer you mentioned is tailored to my request, please?

Thank you for your contribution.

Tnx and best of luck

#16     Mar 15, 2021
  7. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @Butterfly

For me, I can't trust anything in performance and reliability as much as Juva. What is your suggestion if you think Java can't handle this project?

Tnx and best of luck

#17     Mar 15, 2021
  8. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @stochastix

Thanks. Could you elaborate on what framework of Java shall be chosen for this purpose? As a further description, my application in Java is just an algorithmic trading program that also does decide and take Buy or Sell or both decisions, alongside it draws the analysis graph on the candlestick chart. e.g. I see how my analysis is going on in real-time while it can potentially enter into a buy/sell position or open pending orders, or just take the responsibility of monitoring trade to close it at the right time if you know what I mean?
    I want to configure Java for low-latency and high performance to reply to my real-time computing needs in financial markets.

Tnx and best of luck

#18     Mar 15, 2021
  9. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @stochastix

What do you exactly mean by HFT? High-Frequency Trading?
    Could you elaborate more on how shall JNI be used with asynchronous IO? And what is this asynchronous IO in financial markets examples?

Tnx and best of luck

#19     Mar 15, 2021
  10. Blonde

Blonde

Hiya @fan27

lol, About the concept of implementation, If you like, please contribute with reference to the topic, and I do appreciate it?

Tnx and best of luck

#20     Mar 15, 2021