Question about James Stock

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mytwocents, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Hey assh*le, it was a world war against the Axis powers, not just Nazi Germany. So before we liberated Europe pursuant to a plan devised by and for the benefit of the allies, and while your grandparents were cowering in a basement as the Germans waltzed unfettered around whatever ungrateful and undeserving European province you're from, ours were dying all across the Pacific and North Africa. And speaking of the Reds, you cowardly Europeans again acquitted yourself marvelously against the Soviets during the Cold War, didn't you?

Indeed, as I've pointed out previously, were it not for America, you and the rest of continental Europe would now be speaking some mangled German-Russian concoction that would be only slightly less grating on the ear than guttural French. So dasvidanya schvienhundt!

#51     Jun 2, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh yeah, the good old Russians. I like how they stopped in each village along the way raping and killing every woman in their path. Molesting every young girl. Oh, those courageous Russians. Dude, you are one sick POS. I actually had family that was raped by those sadistic Russians. You understand? Don't start playing them as heroes you faggot POS!

And for what it's worth, I think our carpet bombing of Germany had a little something to do with Hitler's diminished military. Get a clue man. Most of Europe was a bunch of pussies as Hitler marched from country to country. They opened up their homes and had their wives and daughters waiting on the front step for them. They could have at least gone down fighting and left this world with a little bit of dignity and respect. France will never be able to live down their cowardliness for as long as they exist. End of story.

#52     Jun 2, 2004
    #53     Jun 2, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

#54     Jun 2, 2004
  5. Actually, what I said was this. ( read carfully )

The proper question is: Is there more inexpensive opportunity now in the US, or was there more in 1969. ( any time in the past )

By inexpensive, I mean, can a person working for 40 hours a week, making around 12-15 dollars an hour, save enough money in a year to start an gainful enterprise?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33568&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

#55     Jun 2, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

The answer to that question is yes there is. A person working a 40 hour week making 12 to 15 an hour can start a gainful enterprise. I'll give you an example as it pertains to a friend of mine. I use to deliver pizzas years ago for a new restaurant. One of my buddies was a pizza maker making about $8 an hour or so. After a few years, he proved his reliability and the owner decided to let him have the opportunity to have himself his own store. So he started paying him like 35k a year to manage his own store and help him raise the money to buy the store. He also gave him a piece of the gross. Oh yeah, this guy was also like 20 years old. Not bad Sulong, not bad at all. How did the story end, he owns not one, but two stores now and makes about 150k a year, 75k from each and he is 25 or so now. Only in America Sulong, only in America.

#56     Jun 2, 2004
  7. Oh I get it, if you have a sugar daddy, Then you can do it.

Any way, here it is again

"By inexpensive, I mean, can a person working for 40 hours a week, making around 12-15 dollars an hour, save enough money in a year to start an gainful enterprise?"

#57     Jun 2, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sugar daddy? What are you talking about? His boss paid him and helped him open up a store. That is how a lot of franchises work in this country son, even you could do it.

As far as saving enough money sure. I did it. I started a trading company with $300. Dead serious. Turned $300 into, well, let's just say, a lot of money, and created my own LLC. So yes, it can be done. Granted, it's easier to do this with trading then say, a manufacturing company but that is not what you asked. Dude, the bottom line is, it's really not that hard. When I lived in NY, I knew a lot of guys that tended bar at night, saved up their tip money and eventually started their own business.

I think I see the problem here. I think it is YOU that has failed and struggled and can't find a way to get ahead and you are just blaming it on America instead of yourself. Why not put the blame where it lies, at yourself? Most of my friends opted not to work in the corporate world and instead started small businesses. They are all very successful, so yes, it can be done and is done every day. Do you even have a point here.

#58     Jun 2, 2004
    #59     Jun 3, 2004
  10. Coins

Coins

HD, YOU are sure someone to be calling Electron an assh*le!

I can't THINK of a bigger assh*le on this BOARD than you. Perhaps Mav gives you a run for your money.

#60     Jun 3, 2004