Question about James Stock

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mytwocents, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Sailing and trading are very similar.
    All the reading and studying in the world will not make you a sailor or a trader.

It takes hands on experience, and mistakes, to get to know the futility of boldness and the wisdom of preparation.

#41     Jun 2, 2004
  2. She was incredible. I mean, man If I was in the left wing, I would have been embarrassed for her. Im serious about this. Even being her ideological opposite, I truly felt bad for her. I have never seen someone just spout catch phrases like that in my life. She clearly had no idea about anything she was saying and was in fact just repeating things she had heard at some rally in Dolores Park or something.

Do you remember when you where six years old and you heard phrase that sounded funny? Even though you had no idea what it meant and you went around saying it all the time? Mine was "masturbate" and for two whole days I used it every sentence until I was finally told to stop. That is exactly what Garafolo sounded like. She may has well been my eight year old niece. "Can you privatize the milk to me?" "When are you going to take me to my privatize lessons?" "Can I stay up late and watch privatize?"

Truly an embarrassment. Too be perfectly honest, I am sorry for her. Though Im sure she had no problem cashing her check from a "evil corporate criminal" like Comedy Central

Mike

#42     Jun 2, 2004

3. Oh man, this is getting right to the heart of the complain culture of our country.

Here is the bottom line, unless the rich get richer, no one gets richer. You want proof? You bring up 1969. Well, I will state that a man making 10 bucks an hour today lives better than most millionaires did 30 years ago and all millionaires 50 years ago. On 10 bucks an hour he is living in air conditioning and heating, driving one or three cars, has three or five TV sets, buys VCRs for 10 bucks and DVD players for 60 bucks, eats out 5-10 times a week, has his own washer and driver, is thirty pounds over weight because of all the food he has access too, owns 10,000 times the computing power that all of NASA had available to it, live 20 years longer, has cable TV and a Satellite Dish and on and on an on.

In fact, I will go so far as to say that a man making minimum wage in this country has a longer and better quality of of life than any European King just 125 years ago.

You gotta love this country. Your basic left winger can sit a coffee shop surfing on the wireless internet, drinking beans that where flow in from brazil last week, eating salmon that was caught last night and flown in from the Pacific North West this morning, all the while complaining about the evil corporations. How do people think all this stuff happens? It sure in the fuck does not just show up out of thin air. No matter how many petitions you have signed or how many resolutions get passed, someone has to actually do something.

My days of tolerating any sort of whining came to an end about five years ago, so anyone who cries will be instantly attacked by me.

Mike

#43     Jun 2, 2004
  4. Pabst

Pabst

You hit in right on the head, Mike.

#44     Jun 2, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are dead wrong about this. At no point in history has it ever been easier to start a business. All thanks to the internet. More and more people are giving up the daily commute and starting their own companies at home.

As for the person making $15 an hour. Oh man, don't even get me started. Let me put it this way. I go home all the time for the holidays and such and visit old friends. Many of my friends from back home are bartenders, work in sales, and other tedious jobs thats make around 15 or so an hour. So I figure times are tough and such then they take me to their pad. And what do I see? First of all, they are sporting brand new wheels, often a sweet SUV. Their apt is a dream pad with a fully stocked bar, dvd player, satellite TV, 60 inch TV, leather couches, you name it. Oh and they go out drinking just about every night.

Yeah, it's really hard living on $15 an hour. LMAO. Granted I should disclose that this is St.Louis, MO we are talking about but still, they are living large. I make multiples of what they make and live a fraction of the lifestyle they live by choice. I'm a cheap f*ck by nature.

One more story. Back when I worked in NY for a prop firm, we had this guy roll into NY from Texas. He moved to NY with $20 in his pocket, dead serious. He went to work for our prop firm, slept on the floor of a buddies apt and within months was making 10k a month. Oh man, living the American dream. I tell you man, only in america.

Only in America can a poor black kid from the ghetto work his ass off and play in the NFL or NBA making 15 million. Only in America can a child actor get discovered in a mall and suddenly become a Hollywood star. Only in America can poor white kid living in a trailer park in 8 mile section of Detroit become a rapper and make millions before the age of 21. Only in America can you have guys drop out of college and start companies like Microsoft and Dell Computer. Only in America can a poor white kids named Marc Cuban start a company in his dorm room at Indiana University called broadcast.com and sell it to Yahoo for a billion dollars.

Only in America can you sue some guy that rear ends you at a stop light and get a million dollar settlement. Only in America can you have 21 year old kids in Silicon Valley in California being CEO's of companies telling 45 year old people what to do. Only in America can a guy go work for a prop firm with nothing but the shirt on his back and make millions all before he is even able to legally drink in a bar. This is the greatest country in the world Sulong. And mark my words, there has never been a greater time in history with the opportunities we have before us today. If you can't make it here buddy, you can't make it anywhere.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45     Jun 2, 2004

6. you got it, bros ! great post !!!!!!!!!

surfer :) :)

#46     Jun 2, 2004
  7. Turok

Turok

If you can't do it here...you're just a whinin'

JB

#47     Jun 2, 2004
  8. Coins

Coins

It's more like "God bless your greedy money-hording ways."

Btw... Kuwaiti and Saudi oil sheikhs make WAY more than dudes here in America.

And, the day you ever made over $2500 per month here in poor-exploiting, money-worshipping "America" ... you wouldn't posting on ET anymore, so, you're not bullsh*ting anyone.

Americans would sell their children's eyes for an extra buck and glory in watching them die slowly of starvation if otherwise it meant giving them money that could otherwise be spent on themselves buying pleasures and such things as vacations, sporting events, movies, homes, cars, jewlery and clothes.

Americans are among the most cruel, selfish and sadistic people on Earth. That is why many in the world call America, "The Great Satan."

That's the truth and you know it.

#48     Jun 2, 2004
  9. And who stopped them eventually? Americans, of course? What a joke? Have you ever heard that WWII started in Poland? I don't think you will ever guess why. And don't tell me that it was because of the US Army that Hitler was eventually defeated. The Red Army would finish him off anyway, it was only a matter of time.

Americans got in at the time Hitler had lost half of his previously conquered empire. A convenient moment to brag about their victory, except that the real victors are Russians, who would finish him sooner or later and who did the most of the work.

#49     Jun 2, 2004
  10. Coins

Coins

Good post, Electron!

#50     Jun 2, 2004