Question about futures brokers with continuous contracts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 20, 2011.

1. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

No trading is free. I don't understand the question. Every trade has at least execution, clearance and reg fees. The cost of playing the game.

I'm saying any asset class that acts like the underlying asset has internal fees, because someone has the cost. You pay it, or they do, then charge you.

#11     May 20, 2011
  2. Ohhhhh, so it's just a charting thing. Gotcha.

Well that's still nice. Merging charts in non-coninutous charting brokers (OEC, charting with SierraChart) sucks.

#12     May 20, 2011
  3. emg

emg

Standard definition of futures/commodity market:

futures contract is a standardized contract between two parties to exchange a specified asset of standardized quantity and quality for a price agreed today (the futures price or the strike price) but with delivery occurring at a specified future date, the delivery date.

The reason why there is no continous contract because each instrument must make delivery.

crude oil instrument as brownfans (lebron james fan as well) stated above expires every month because oil (physical goods) needs to be deliver across the nation every month. If crude oil futures have continous month refinery will not have oil in their tank and there will be no gasoline in any gas station.

#13     May 20, 2011
  4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Interesting.........thanks

#14     May 20, 2011
  5. You do know he left in 2010, right? He now plays for another team.

It's 2011.

You're a little late on the lbj jokes.

You'll also note my username is not cavsfan, but brownsfan which might indicate which sport I'm most interested in.

I don't expect you to grasp any of that though.

:cool:

Your attempt at humor is about as good as your broker's attempt at creating a website. Both are horrendous.

#15     May 20, 2011