Question About Forex Prices

Discussion in 'Forex' started by robbo, Aug 26, 2003.

1. robbo

robbo

I am trying to create system to trade the currencies that use daily and intra day bars.I know the forex day starts at 5pm EST until 5pm the next day.All the daily bars on the internet charts that I can find start at 12pm-12pm, does anyone know of any charts were the daily bars start and finish at the same time as the forex market starts and finishes otherwise it is going to be very difficult to create a daily&intraday system without overlapping data.

2. I was just working with fx data in TS 2ki and was able to manipulate the session times. This may accomplish your objective.

3. chaos

chaos

Esignal EOD: 6:00 p.m. EST
    MGForex EOD: 3:00 EST

4. fxcm just told me that their daily charts finish at 5pm eastern.

5. dv8

dv8

[I am trying to create system to trade the currencies that use daily and intra day bars.I know the forex day starts at 5pm EST until 5pm the next day.All the daily bars on the internet charts that I can find start at 12pm-12pm, does anyone know of any charts were the daily bars start and finish at the same time as the forex market starts and finishes otherwise it is going to be very difficult to create a daily&intraday system without overlapping data.]

Robbo,

The above is inaccurate. All chart applications that I have used all start a new day at 5pm est. Getting the data can be a little difficult sometimes, but if you pull up a daily chart, you will find the information you need.

The daily candle begins at 5:00est, but they do mark days at 12:00am.

dv8

6. robbo

robbo

All the FXCM charts that I have looked at on the internet are from 12pm-12pm,is that when you open an account with them.

7. robbo

robbo

DV8 Have you got a link for these charts

8. What do you mean by "marking days at 12:00 am". Are you saying the daily graphs don't show up on fxcm until 7 hours later?