Question about finding and using TRIN, VIX, TICK, A/D .....for YM Trading ??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jimmygold, Feb 26, 2007.

1. MrPaul

MrPaul

#11     Feb 26, 2007
  2. This is fun stuff. But it takes a lot of skill.

It is best to use the ranges of values that are possible on each and to use these guys in series.

So in ET it is not going to get on the table in a way mostly anyone could use it. I do get a daily vid on what the calibrations are for traders. Think seat type players. And I just use it as a "ball park" weather report. the fact that it is a series play and calibrated for creming multiples of the hi/lo range means that expertise is involved. There is a lot of scaling and inside playing.

Some of the "internals" can be used like derivatives in calculus to assess the trending of trends and the measure is an inverse one.

The guys who are good at this are mostly "unbelievable" to people caught down in the conventional orthodoxy. If you are in that group of people, let these internal types of things just go by the boards for you.

Everyday you have to set up play ranges and they are set during first 15 mins. If you screw it up then you are out of wack for the day ...regardless...

Mostly everyone backs it with the RSI (do not use the B1S2 thinking here) The period is important as ar the two signal levels and it is tied to the second hooks on the $TICK signal which is range calibrated at open.

Another part of this is the DOM and T&S. there is a connection to tape reading to use the stuff you ask about.

People who are up on this stuff use it in an integrated way and it is a "read" of the market. It is a raw talent thing that is related to pulling money out of the market rather than the betting and gaming stuff.

You are always in and you are always scaling. Very high velocity and rhythmic. Don't touch it if you can avoid it and make money otherwise. It is a very hot game to play. There is no recheck and hesitation allowable...

It is way past what is called the holy grail here in ET return wise.

#12     Feb 26, 2007
  3. Hi jack,

Maybe one of these days, you'll express to your readers the importance of intimately knowing and applying causal reasoning, not to mention other relative mathematics in the trading domain.

Understanding causal reasoning sure would shed light for those that don't quite see it... your writings specifically... successful trading generally. :)

always with thanks,
    -kt

#13     Feb 27, 2007
  4. TinGull

TinGull

Nice video MrPaul, really appreciate it!

#14     Feb 27, 2007
  5. Were I to go causal, the dialogue would be caustic...

Alice in wonderland and flatland isn't for the troops.

I agree with you. As a trader moves up the line, the connections get to be .....well connected and fortuitous.

We are recording (on various display levels) for when the forums can handle the equivalent of video attachments and associated commentary.

It is incredible in a presentation setting.

#15     Mar 2, 2007