Question about economics of a certain country...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Daal, May 6, 2005.

1. Daal

Daal

Why my country, brazil, sucks so much?
    What are the main problems with it?

2. M Vega

M Vega

3. In general, I would say the problem, not only in Brazil, but in Latin America, Africa and poorer regions of the world is: their people, or better put, the lack of good leaders.

Their leaders, seldom do the right thing for their countries, starting from corruption to deceiving voters with empty promises in order to get elected.

Not that it's not done all over the world, but, developing countries cannot afford this luxury.

This is why, sometimes, governments with dictators, such as Pinochet in Chile, are the only way to break the cycle of governments of politicians who do not make, or are politically unable to make, the harsh, but necessary economic reforms to better their countries.

Looking back, although, I see Latin America, at this moment, with better opportunities, people have gone through many tragic situations (Argentina...) and are realizing and willing to accept major changes in their economies. And, fortunately, politicians, are beginning to understand this too... and most importantly, that their voters are demanding something different...

And, they'd better, competition from China is going to be the issue in the coming years...

Let's hope for the best...

Boa fortuna.