Question about capabilities of Esignal 7.0

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hsanson, May 7, 2002.

1. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Yes, we do plan to add the ability to set alerts on TA indicators.

We are currently working on a maintenance release due out w/in a few weeks and we've already added the ability to set text messages in Advanced Charting which may suit your needs. You can read more about that upcoming addition here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eSignal/message/423

We'll be doing more work in this area for future releases due out in the summer and fall.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

#11     May 10, 2002
  2. Neil

Neil

Thanks wild.. not using esignal at all just following how it develops maybe for the future. I use qcharts and EQ at the moment.. which is fine but costly package and seems prone to slow data.. how reliable and fast do you find esignal to be?

Have joined yahoo group as you suggest so I can keep an eye on things.. thanks

Neil

#12     May 10, 2002
  3. Neil

Neil

Thanks for the response scott.. I'll pay attention and note when you get the formula thing together.. I use them all the time so they are vital to me..

Understand the stock limit now thanks.. that does not seem to be a problem.

Never encountered the service charge for level 2 before.. $10 fee is standard but $50 per month for what?? Used a few chart services and never heard of this.. still seems odd to me and with respect seems more intended to oblige people to subscribe annually than anything else.. a year is a long time in politics and trading!

Neil

#13     May 10, 2002
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

When it first became widely available, the exchange fee for NL2 was $50 per mo. As you indicate, it's since been dropped to $10/mo. We began charging the extra $50 fee to off-set all the additional costs associated with carrying that information ( extra servers, programming, and bandwidth ), as did several other vendors. Since that time, NL2 data has become more commonplace and the pressure has been to lower prices. As a result, we're beginning to head in that direction as well.

And I agree, a year can seem like an eternity!

Thanks,

#14     May 10, 2002
  5. I use Esignal...
    Data on Charts is very slow at times ....
    Advanced Charting is ok.....

Real tick (TAL) much better for charting..

my two pennies.....

#15     May 10, 2002
  6. wild

wild

Neil,

thx for your reply.

as far as data stability/reliability is concerned, i´m absolutely happy with eSignal.

being just a simple financial/currency futures trader (enjoying eSignal´s fine news package) i can´t comment on L II ... for obvious reasons.

nevertheless ... i watch the equities markets too, because i think that most markets are somehow inter-related/dependent. and i find it very interesting to see what stock/index traders have to say about their trading methods, systems and general attitudes.

regards

wild

#16     May 10, 2002
  7. syd697

syd697

Anyone know why esignal has taxes added to their subscription fees for the service plus taxes on the exchange fees? Every other data feed vendor I've tried has never added taxes onto the subscription. Am I missing something?

#17     May 10, 2002
  8. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

We go according to the tax rules mandated by each state. You will find differences based upon where the headquarters of each company is located and whether they have an official presence in each respective state. Taxes apply to our services in states such as New York, Texas and Connecticut.

Other than that, I'd expect the taxation on services to be pretty consistent across vendors.

Thanks,

#18     May 10, 2002
  9. syd697

syd697

Scott,

I've heard that reply from esignal before about the taxes, but yet like I said, I've never been charged taxes from any other vendor and I've been living in the same state everytime I try a new vendor. Does it really matter where the vendor is headquartered?

#19     May 10, 2002
  10. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

The issue at hand is what they call Nexus. Certain states charge tax if a particular business has an operating "presence" in that state. Since we have offices or operations in a number of different states, those particular states then force us to assess applicable taxes. If you go to a vendor who claims no operating "presence" in those states, then they may not have to charge tax.

It's also possible that some of these vendors SHOULD be charging taxes and simply are not. Until they get audited, that is. To avoid a negative tax aduit, we're diligent to be sure we are in compliance with all local, federal and state tax regulations.

We don't enjoy charging the taxes and considering that we carry the additional programming and filing costs to do so, we would elect not to if we had a choice. We don't see that we have a choice.

Here's an article on Nexus from the Journal of Internet Law.
    http://www.gcwf.com/articles/journal/jil_jul01_1.html

Hope that all helps.

Thanks,

#20     May 10, 2002