question about buy limit orders

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jonlebon, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jonlebon

jonlebon

Hello,

Is is the case that buy limit orders can be triggered even if price does not hit target price?

I had an order( LUB) with target at 11.60 which was filled at 11.48 although high of day was 11.39.

Was it filled correctly ?

Many thx.

J.,

2. Surdo

Surdo

The HOD in LUB is $11.50. It is not possible to be filled at a price higher than the HOD, perhaps your using delayed quotes.

3. You better double check your order. If it was a "buy-stop" with a stop price of 11.60, it should not be filled. If you simply tried to pay 11.60 for it, they simply gave you the correct price at the time.

Don

4. I remember a strange order execution years ago. I contacted the broker about it and broker gave me high low price range that did not agree with values reported by bigcharts.com and yahoo.com (both bigcharts.com and yahoo.com showed the same high and low prices for the session). I think some brokers use secondary exchanges and their pricing might sometimes be different from NYSE prices. Some brokers may make a market themselves, effectively creating their own exchange.

I closed my account with that broker.