Question About Animals In Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Li Ka Shing, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Right on, excellent post.

#31     Apr 8, 2006
  2. Read the next sentence Gen 2:19: "So out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them."

This clearly states that man was made before the animals, contradicting Gen 1:26 which states that animals were made before man.

#32     Apr 8, 2006
  3. Aapex

Aapex

Christianity is not a religion. It's a relationship with God the creator of the heavens and the earth.

#33     Apr 9, 2006
  4. Aapex

Aapex

You are reading into the text instead of extracting from it.
    knowhere in this text is the illustration of a contridiction.

Gen 2:19 is a repititious saying about "How" God created not and not about "when" God created. That has already been established prior to this verse. You need to take the text for what it says not for what you want it to say.

The Bible is foolishness to those that are perishing.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God".

1 Corinthians 1:18 - The Apostle Paul

#34     Apr 9, 2006
  5. Aapex

Aapex

The proof is all around you. How do you explain YOUR own sin?
    How do you explain all the injustice in the world?
    Why can't you stop sinning?
    Why do you like sin?

The truth is that you must tell yourself that there is no God because if you allow yourself to believe that there is a God then you must face him in this life and the next and you will be judged.
    Who wants that on there conscience?

I know that it is a tough pill to swallow but your hostility is not against me but instead you have a problem with God's WORD - the BIBLE. God's HOLY WORD speaks against you and you can't stand it because you are convicted of your own sin.

If Christ did not pay the penalty for YOUR sin then you are lost and that is a fact. That is the message of the BIBLE. That is what Christians believe, live and practise.

#35     Apr 9, 2006
  6. To flat out deny that "Christianity is not a religion" is a response IMO of an example where the Koolaide one partakes of is simply too strong and in need of some degree of dilution.

#36     Apr 9, 2006
  7. No "straw man" propped up here. As I process what you wrote below -
    After Adam - God no longer allowed man to live that long.

I simply proved the statement to be false with more scripture -as many of ADAM's descendents exceeded 100's of yrs old.

#37     Apr 9, 2006
  8. Aapex

Aapex

A. Religion is based on a set of man made rules and piety.
    B. Christianity is based on the shed blood of Christ on the cross of Calvery that was the price paid for our sin debt before a Holy God.

I'm only explaining to you what Christians believe and practise.

You see the problem with religion is that is does nothing to appease God. It is powerless to save ones soul from eternal damnation. Religion can not save. Religion can not pay the sin debt of Adam nor can it pay for YOUR sin or MY sin.

We need a savior for that.

Christianity is the only so-called religion that says that man can not please God and is powerless to save himself. Man is dead in his trespasses and sin and unless God redeems him , man is eternally lost.

Religion says: if I can be good enough and follow these simple rules perhaps I can please God and maybe I'll enter heaven at death?

Religion says: all roads and beliefs lead to heaven.

Religion says: I'm not a sinner. I'm just as good as everybody else. I'm not Adolph Hitler or Osama Bin Laden. I'm a good guy.

The Bible says: There is none righteous, no, not one. Romans 3:10

Isa 57:1 The righteous hath perished, And there is none laying 'it' to heart,

Rom 3:23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God

The Bible speaks for itself.

#38     Apr 9, 2006
  9. Aapex

Aapex

==========================================
    If you read it carefully you will see that what I said was "since man in his wickedness and rebellion against God has continued God no longer allowed man to live that long."

what your reading into it is that I said that since Adam's fall no one lived that long. I never said that and again your reading into it and taking away from it. You really should not put words in my mouth. I'm really quite capable of speaking for myself.
    :)

#39     Apr 9, 2006
  10. Don't you think you are wasting electrons on formal semantics?

Without the deluge of scriptures - In your understanding, please splain how Christianity is based on the shed blood of Christ on the cross of Calvary translates into a "rule" if there is one. I will be happy to if you can't come up with it.

IMO- You are getting close to presenting a pretty good example of how Christians love eat their own - which only smell slightly different.

#40     Apr 9, 2006