Question About Animals In Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Li Ka Shing, Apr 6, 2006.

1. cmaxb

cmaxb

Ok fine, but the part about animals not being predatory is just too much.

#21     Apr 7, 2006
  2. JayS

JayS

A little of topic....

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog,"
    or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably
    understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a
    promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of
    friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out
    the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand"

#22     Apr 7, 2006
  3. Aapex

Aapex

Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

This verse is a direct reference to Adam being without a suitable help mate and NOT an indication of animals not already being created.

#23     Apr 7, 2006
  4. Aapex - uh, better read yo' Gen. 5 again.

If you believe your bible:
    :8 - Seth (son of Adam) lived 912 years!
    :12-Kenan lived 840 years!
    :11 - Enosh lived 815 years - and more names of many other descendants yada, yada, yada more than 100 years , yada.;

Um better re-check Gen. 7:6 too - which states in my NIV that "Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters came".
    Gen. 9:28: After the flood, Noah lived 350 years. Um that guy Noah wiped his backside for 950 years - or needed help at some point all the same.

So, "man in his wickedness and rebellion against God" was after the flood that shortened mankind's lifespan. (Flood waters as supplied by the existing "firmament" - as explained in Gen.1:6thru 9)

#24     Apr 7, 2006
  5. Ricter

Ricter

True. And also, just because I claim something exists, and you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. See the problem here?

#25     Apr 7, 2006
  6. I correct ma-self:
    That is "Dr Dino" BTW.
    Part kook, part enigma catalyst.

#26     Apr 7, 2006
  7. Aapex

Aapex

#27     Apr 7, 2006
  8. more proof that the greatest danger of religion is what it does to the mind of the believer.
    the adam and eve story is a fable and the global flood is a fable. from two fables you base your ideas that man needs saving from another fable, hell. amazing but sad.

#28     Apr 7, 2006
  9. ============
    Li Ka Shing;

Actually animals dont have a soul exactly like a human;
    however animals do have souls [mind, will ,emotions].

Strictly speculation on my part, think some mean/mad animals ;
    may go to hell, perhaps, dont know for sure on that.

And we know from Genesis that God likes many kinds of animals;
    book of Revelation says Jesus rides a white horse, from heaven.

So yes ,we know some animals are in heaven, fruit trees also.:cool: ;
    plus unique living creatures around Gods throne,
    & the 12 names of the tribes of Israel on foundation.

#29     Apr 7, 2006
  10. stu

stu

no man "fell". It's a story. Grow up fpr f*ks sake.

#30     Apr 8, 2006