Questin on taking the Series 7

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mjt, Sep 30, 2002.

1. mjt

mjt

So it's a 6 hour test, broken down into two 3-hour sessions. What happens if you get done with the first part well before the first 3 hours? Do you have to just sit there for a couple hours twiddling your thumbs, or can you start part 2 early?

These 125 practice tests only take about an hour or so. I'm sure I'll be more cautious on the real test, but I'd like to make plans for tomorrow's test if I know whether I can be home by lunchtime.

2. MrDinky

MrDinky

If you get done with the first test early they give you at least half an hour but no longer than an hour to grab some lunch or whatever. As long as you make it back in an hour you can take the second part early.

3. you will be done by lunch. Go ahead and make your plans'

4. I think the "record" was 1 hour, 50 minutes (for a 74 passing score)....but, on the other side, 7 attempts...finally gave up.

Anyway, good luck....

Don

5. mjt

mjt

Thanks for the info guys. Not that I doubted you, but yes, you can start the second part early. It took about 2 1/2 hours (was there 3 1/2 hours total with a break and waiting around).

Not to give anyone a false sense of security, but the real test was much easier than the practice tests. Got a 90 and was only averaging 83 on practice tests.

I think you can even show up late. From the phone message, they make it sound like you have to be there 1/2 hour beforehand. I locked myself out of my bedroom where my keys and wallet were, and I just barely got there in time for the test. I got the impression though that I could have been there a few hours late and still have taken it. Not completely sure though.