Queen Manipulator was at work today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz2, Feb 13, 2003.

1. white17

white17

If your friend was trying to buy at the bid, there is no obligation to fill his order. If it was at the ask, he should have left his order live and called his broker.

#11     Feb 13, 2003
  2. qdz2

qdz2

Well, it was at the best ask. Thank you white for your suggestion. I think the best my friend can do is just to forget it as the order was of course modified or cancelled. And the position had been closed. He and me will just get aggravated if keeping arguing about this with his broker. The most important thing is how to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

:p

#12     Feb 13, 2003
  3. shneed

shneed

I think that the move in JNJ (without any news) at around 2:30 was a preview of program buying followed by short squeeze that was to come for the market as a whole.

shneed

#13     Feb 13, 2003
  4. Yes, do not befriend idiotic-delusional perpetual losers such as yourself... bad for biz... and you are welcome...

#14     Feb 13, 2003

5. JNJ had news!!!

We are hearing from traders citing Bloomberg that Medicare chief Thomas Scully told a congressional panel that JNJ's Cypher drug-coated stent is likely to win FDA approval within the next month. (Co said yesterday it saw a March/April timeframe for approval.)

#15     Feb 13, 2003
  6. IF you were short from the highs and long ES from the lows of today... would you still be complaining about so-called "manipulation"? Let's say you were long even a small size; would you be upset now and posting on ET the same old gripes?!I mean is it a matter of principle with you the allegation that markets go up and down due to so-called conspiracies? Doubt it. Or rather are you upset because you can't make enough money trading? Just curious. So thought I'd ask rather than ignore you as usual.

Now just imagine if the markets didn't move. What would you say then!?? SO be careful what you wish for as it may come to pass.

I
    cool:

#16     Feb 13, 2003
  7. "traders citing Bloomberg "

Funny, for the first 5 minutes after JNJ popped one eye was concentrated on trading it, and the other was on trying to find the news. I came across that story on Yahoo after it had died down. It would be interesting to see exactly what time Bloomberg came out with the information about the senate hearing.

#17     Feb 13, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

Hold on, iceman. Was I just complaining because I lost? How did you know I lost today? How much? The fact is you don't know. I observe and comment on market manipulation and ask for your attention and comments as persistent as daily basis. You know that, don't you? Did I say conspiracy? Am I a prayer for disaster and capitalization? I am not! I believe that manipulation is in the market day to day. It was just a queen today. Actually the queen had set it up not in just one day's work.

:p

#18     Feb 13, 2003
  9. subscribes to a news reader...didn't exactly hear the actual news, just heard him mention JNJ...pulled it up and he had already hit 50.50.....it was easy to buy 50.75, but it sure would have been great if he read it a few minutes b4. :D

#19     Feb 13, 2003
  10. shneed

shneed

This is a perfect example of getting what you pay for. I get Dow Jones news, and when JNJ started to move I too was frantically searching for the reason, nothing anywhere. I guess that's why Bloomberg gets the big bucks. After the move though, I saw a trader saying that the reason JNJ was moving is because it was oversold (below 50).

shneed

#20     Feb 13, 2003