Queen Birther meltdown...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Wallet

Wallet

RELEASE MEDICAL RECORDS & COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS

#31     Aug 3, 2009
  2. Term limits are one more abdication of responsibility by the electorate...

I favor intelligent informed voters, not term limits...

#32     Aug 3, 2009
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Dude, your dreaming.... it's all about what you can give me on both sides Dems and Pubs alike.

#33     Aug 3, 2009
  4. Maybe you are not old enough to remember George Wallace's wife being elected governor.

George Wallace had become very popular during his first term as governor (1963–1967), largely due to his opposition to racial desegregation. He could have easily won a second term in 1966 had he been eligible to stand for one. In Alabama (as in many states at the time), governors were not allowed to serve two consecutive terms. This provision was incorporated in the current state constitution in 1901.

Wallace attacked this problem on two fronts, First, Wallace worked for the repeal of the term limiting provision. Second, Wallace devised a plan in which his wife, Lurleen, would run for governor while he continued to exercise the authority of the office behind the scenes, duplicating the strategy in which Ma Ferguson won the 1925 election for governor in Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurleen_Wallace

No, term limits are not the answer, an informed and involved electorate is the only real solution.

#34     Aug 3, 2009
  5. He does not want to and no law obligates him to do so. How hard is it to understand. Even a public figure occupying the highest office in the land has certain rights to private information.

#35     Aug 3, 2009
  6. Did we ever get to see Bush's medical records and failed drug tests, etc. from the time he was in the National Guard and AWOL?

#36     Aug 3, 2009
  7. Don't explain that to me, I don't wear a tinfoil hat. The level of delusion among some of the members on the right on this forum is astounding. Profound ignorance of US history, US political system, World History and just about anything inbetween.

#37     Aug 3, 2009
  8. Wallet

Wallet

If you find what Wallace did to be bad, just think of how it could be compounded if there were no term limits?

I agree an informed voter is best, but that is rarely the case. Term limits are there for the President and right fully so, it seems a good move to me, to follow that through to the house and senate.... what a fight that would start from the life long members there, LOL

#38     Aug 3, 2009
  9. Wallet

Wallet

McCain is so old, something could happen at any moment... is that Cancer? We have to know about his health.... cant vote for Him look who will end up in office as the Vice. blah blah blah..........

If a person is running for office, specially the POTUS his medical records need to be out in the public, as he will be out leader.

He's a smoker, no?

I don't care what you think, I'm just saying that they should be. For every President no exception, and his grades, how smart is he?.

Don't tell me show me, and no I don't live in Missouri.

#39     Aug 3, 2009
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Hell I'm suppose to be an informed voter by Optional, but Ishop won't let me see the facts

#40     Aug 3, 2009