quantum questions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darkhorse, Aug 20, 2002.

1. as long as we are talking Led Zep, what's u guys' favorite album?

my vote: In Through The Out Door

#61     Aug 23, 2002
  2. Difficult pinning me down to 1 album. My favorite albums (and songs) are :

Led Zeppelin II
    Whole Lotta Love, Bring It On Home

Led Zeppelin IV
    Stairway To Heaven, When The Levee Breaks

Houses of the Holy
    No Quarter, The Ocean

#62     Aug 23, 2002
  3. Publias

Publias Guest

Man thats hard... Houses of the Holy, but that does not have Kashmir which is my all time fav!

#63     Aug 23, 2002
  4. Publias

Publias Guest

Wow really?? That was one of my least fav's...

#64     Aug 23, 2002
  5. mike s

mike s

Subdude,

They're just a couple more old blues men that don't get their proper props.

Jimmy Reed is a good example of digging a well and then digging it deeper...or finding an approach/pattern that works for you and then wearin' it out. Sort of the quintessential "One Trick Pony." Almost all of his tunes are that basic blues riff that just about every guitarist plays at one time or another..."in the key of E now.....dunt dunt..dunt dunt.......dunt dunt..dunt dunt......"

Here's an eye/ear opener for ya. You know that early Zepplin metal monster mash smash hit "Whole Lotta Love?" See if you can locate a copy of "You Need Love" recorded by Muddy Waters. It was a Chess single written by Willie Dixon. The end result is a 1987 out-of-court settlement.

On LZI they had a couple of old blues tunes that were properly credited to Willie Dixon but it seems that when it came time to do LZII greed and ego started to take hold of the boys. There were other settlements too..."Bring It On Home" another Dixon song and "The Lemon Song" was Holwling Wolf's "Killing Floor." (hmmm..now that I think about it, maybe it's Bring It On Home that really dropped my jaw when I first heard the original many years later...can't find either of them right now.)

Well, at least I tried to keep it semi-on-trading-topic with my Jimmy Reed "thump it until you know it to the depths of your soul" reference.

Good trading and listening.

#65     Aug 24, 2002

6. funny how tastes can vary...I have some great high school memories attached to certain songs also, which no doubt corrupts my vote

#66     Aug 24, 2002