quantum questions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darkhorse, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Publias

Publias Guest

No actually I think you referred to stops as an ignorance hedge, but I really cannot remember...

Everytime I think of Newton being a trader I envision him slamming his head against the computer and screaming in distress "what the fuck, I had all the variables before hand, and the lil shit still went up, this market must be propped up by the PPT and there would have been no way to know that before hand so it wasn't my fault!"... I think if he were a trader he would have either found "the holy grail" or died miserable and dirt poor :)

PEACE
    Publias

#51     Aug 21, 2002

2. oh wait wait wait!

are we talking Isaac Newton or Wayne Newton?

cuz they styles would be TOTALLY different, know what i'm sayin'?

the king of calculus vs the king of vegas, baby

http://www.waynenewton.com

#52     Aug 21, 2002
  3. Here's what I dug up :

The title and lyrics are a parody of the James Brown "Take it to the Bridge" school of funk mannerisms. The song is rendered undanceable however by Bonham's beat and the band named this non-dance cult The Crunge. There were plans at one stage to release this as a single with the cover being a picture of the band doing the dance steps for the song. The closing spiel from Plant, "Where's that confounded bridge?", is a reference to the fact that there is no key transition at that point in the song. A musical "bridge" is a segment wherein there is a key change from the tonic key, so at that point in the song, Plant is looking, probably in jest, for the key change, without which the band is stuck in the same key forever and the song doesn't end. The point at which the bridge is first mentioned is after the band has been playing the riff in the same key several times, hence Robert's search for a transition.

#53     Aug 21, 2002
  4. Darkhorse, I think it would be interesting if you expressed these ranges as percentages... perhaps you might draw a different conclusion from the percentage data (not being sarcastic - just sayin' :))

#54     Aug 22, 2002
  5. mike s

mike s

Perhaps homage was the wrong word to use but since I'm also a fan of The Hardest Working Man In Showbidness it works for me.

#55     Aug 22, 2002

6. Exactamundo- just as looking at things in the same old way can lead to stagnation, and a fresh perspective can be the 'bridge' to a cool new riff....

Well played Mr. Sub, and now for the ultimate Led Zep mystery:

is it true that a big legged woman ain't got no soul?

#56     Aug 22, 2002
  7. I don't know (but I been told).

#57     Aug 22, 2002
  8. should we take the aeroplane out?

nah leave it

:D

#58     Aug 22, 2002
  9. mike s

mike s

Here's an easy one that probably won't take much digging if any.

Zepplin owes a tip o' the hat (to say the least) to which artist for this line(s)????

Though LZ is one of my favorite bands (up to and including "Houses") I have to admit they were one of the boldest robber barons of rock n roll.

#59     Aug 23, 2002
  10. Interesting, Mike. I found references to Jimmy Reed and Brownie McGhee but am not familiar with either.

#60     Aug 23, 2002