Quantum of Solace

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Alot of the older Bond films had villians that were cartoons and just silly. Maybe they're trying to create a film that in years to come won't seem as dated as the cartoons. Seems they're phasing out things like, I don't remember this, I could be wrong, but did he ever say, "Bond, James Bond" in this latest film? And the shaken not stirred thing is gone and the gadgets, which which has been eliminated from more than a few of the films.

#11     Nov 18, 2008
  2. To me, that's critical. Although I must admit that, as a kid, I liked the Roger Moore installments when they first came out, in retrospect they are incredibly lame. I still haven't seen QOS but plan on doing so. Connery and Craig are the most believable Bonds, and we are at least emerging somewhat from the cartoonish villains that you referred to in another post.

I read somewhere that, in a conscious effort not to parody itself, this is the first Bond film without the trademark "Bond, James Bond " line.

#12     Nov 18, 2008
  3. .
    Acronym: No, I haven't seen either yet, sure, but-there were some truly shit bond films there, and I mean appalling.

George Lazenby? Remember him? Of course not, because his film sucked so badly they dragged his bond ass outta there, after one film.

Come on, watch Lazenby's film and repeat your claim. It stank on ice.

November 18, 2008

SouthAmerica: I did read the book “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” and I also have watched the movie with George Lazenby a number of times over the years.

Quantum of Solace it is just a regular action movie but without much of a story to make it a good movie.

Pekelo: ...have a new box office record for a Bond film.

SouthAmerica: Maybe the next one I wait to watch it at home on video.

Omegapoint: Alot of the older Bond films had villians that were cartoons and just silly. Maybe they're trying to create a film that in years to come won't seem as dated as the cartoons. Seems they're phasing out things like, I don't remember this, I could be wrong, but did he ever say, "Bond, James Bond" in this latest film? And the shaken not stirred thing is gone and the gadgets, which which has been eliminated from more than a few of the films.

SouthAmerica: Yes, they eliminated almost everything that we associate with the James Bond character.

In the next movie they can use Joe the plumber instead.

I always enjoyed the Bond movies over the years and still watch them all the time on television – about every week you can catch a Bond movie on cable.

I went to see the latest Bond with my nephew, his partner, and 5 other actors that participated on the film that they are just finish filming. (The Panda Syndicate) They all loved the action scenes on this Bond movie.

They told me that the Bond girl on this movie has 6 fingers on each hand, but I did not notice that during the movie.

#13     Nov 18, 2008