QuantTerminal - anyone familiar with this platform? Thoughts good or bad?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bluelou, Jan 13, 2021.

1. bluelou

bluelou

Is anyone here a QuantTerminal user or have any familiarity with this platform and/or the firm?
    https://quantterminal.com/

I'd be interested in trying it out, it looks okay from the demos and docs. But, I've never heard of them, I don't know any users, and I don't know anything about who's behind the firm, how stable their funding is, how active the platform is being maintained, etc. Any information would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    bluelou

2. fan27

fan27

I have used the platform for a couple of years and do consulting work specifically for it. I know the owner and can vouch for him, the product and their support staff. It is hyper actively being maintained, in that it is not uncommon to report an issue and get a fix within a week. I trade futures and I have clients trading equities with the platform. Keep me posted if you decide to use...I can share some "tips and tricks".

bluelou likes this.
  3. traider

traider

Looks like ninjatrader. What is the main difference?

4. There's absolutely no information on who owns or runs on the website, which for me personally is a red flag

GAT

bluelou likes this.
  5. bluelou

bluelou

Thanks a lot fan27! I don't have specific questions for you right now, but I will soon. Also, if you don't mind I may p.m. you on consulting work, etc.

fan27 likes this.
  6. bluelou

bluelou

That's a fair point and one that concerned me. I found a little bit about the guy running it. But, I don't have a sense for his prior work, resources, etc. It's definitely not worth it if it's a one- or two-man show running this with their savings out of their homes. I'm hoping it's much more than that and there's an active trader/small institution client base.

7. bluelou

bluelou

I haven't looked at NinjaTrader in 4 or 5 years. Back then, for automated trading, it was absolute garbage for any realistic execution (i.e. L1 limit orders) - probably fine if you want to get your face ripped off and submit market orders 'on bar'. I could go on, but it's not constructive. I'm hoping QT is something more than the typical retail platform.

8. fan27

fan27

Portfolio level backtesting/live trading. Ease of using multiple time-frames.

9. I came across the plattform almost two years ago and liked it a lot as it offers a huge flexibility which I haven't seen since Tickquest's Neoticker. At first I was also a bit hesitant as it's still a small company and we need to ensure business continuity as we're managing clients money. The advantage of a company in an early stage like this is that they are open to suggestions and they offered great support during the past year.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    fan27 and bluelou like this.

10. QuantTerminal formerly known as AlgoTerminal - one of the world's most sophisticated algorithmic trading systems for buy side firms.

Designed to empower professional quants, QuantTerminal’s features include:

• Strategy Development: An architecture that supports 18 different types of scripts that control every aspect of quantitative trading, all of which can be written in Python or C#.
    • API: A robust API that offers more than 600 well organized and easy-to-use functions.
    • Backtesting: A sophisticated backtesting engine that can backtest an entire portfolio of multi-asset trading strategies in a single integrated environment.
    • Optimization: A multi-core optimization engine that can optimize or walk-forward optimize a portfolio of sophisticated trading strategies.
    • Risk Management: An automated risk management module that can be used to monitor multiple trading strategies and manage risk for the entire portfolio.
    • Charting and Visualization: A rich charting package that offers an extensive selection of bar types, chart styles and customizations, all of which can be accessed from the API.
    • Live Trading: A broker-neutral trading platform that can trade dozens of strategies and thousands of symbols at the same time.
    • Intellectual Property: A desktop solution that keeps strategies private and secure on the user’s workstation.

“QuantTerminal's technology has been in development since 2006 and is currently one of the most mature solutions in the industry for professional quants. The platform covers the full life cycle of quantitative trading, including strategy development, backtesting, optimization and live trading,” said Daniel Tochner, the founder of QuantTerminal.

“In addition to our cutting-edge quantitative trading platform our solution includes terabytes of historical market data that quants can download and use for both backtesting and research,” he added.

About QuantTerminal LLC

QuantTerminal LLC is a privately owned company registered in the state of Delaware and headquartered in the U.S. The company develops state-of-the-art technologies for quantitative research and trading.

Looks like the same guy behind IQBroker:

Daniel Tochner
    Founder & CEO, IQBroker

Software Architect Daniel Tochner wanted a way to backtest, optimize, and execute multiple algorithmic trading strategies at a portfolio level. When he was unable to find a platform that was capable of the heavy lifting required to meet his needs, he set out to design and build it himself, and IQBroker was born.

Daniel founded IQBroker with the purpose of developing the ultimate algorithmic trading platform. He is an experienced algorithmic trader and software architect with over 15 years of accumulated experience in professional software development, capital markets and business administration. Daniel handles both the vision and the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure that it stays on the cutting edge of technology.

Daniel holds a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Computer Science from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He is a resident of the beautiful city of Las Vegas and is often in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fair play to him/them - looks like he's trying to cobble something together people might actually like/find useful - at a price of course... With decent trading venue support (FIX, broker APIs), Java language integration and an intuitive way to utilise Machine Learning techniques this may well end up being the platform to watch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on IQ Broker:

LAS VEGAS, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- IQBroker LLC announced the launch of IQBroker, its unique algorithmic trading platform for equities, futures and forex traders.

A decade in development, IQBroker allows retail and institutional traders to take advantage of the same powerful algorithmic trading technologies previously available only to the largest financial firms.

[​IMG]
    Automated Trading with IQBroker

[​IMG]
    Discretionary Trading with IQBroker

"We are excited to introduce IQBroker's new trading platform after so many years in development," says Daniel Tochner, the founder and CEO of IQBroker LLC. "The platform takes algorithmic trading to a whole new level by enabling traders to fully test and automate their entire investment portfolio."

IQBroker's advanced features include:

• Algorithmic Trading: A fully automated portfolio that is capable of backtesting, optimizing and executing multiple trading strategies in a single integrated environment. Each trading strategy in the automated portfolio can simultaneously trade multiple symbols from multiple exchanges based on multiple bar types and currencies.
    • Discretionary Trading: A polished, feature-rich platform for discretionary trading, including cutting edge charts, flexible workspaces, DOM, T&S and more.
    • Extensibility: An extensible platform architecture that features 18 different types of scripts to control every aspect of both discretionary and algorithmic trading, all of which can be written in C#, VB.NET, F# and R.NET.
    • Broker Neutrality: A broker-neutral solution that supports multiple leading brokerage and data providers.
    • Modern User Interface: A modern desktop UI that is both skinnable and highly configurable.
    During beta testing IQBroker will be available for free to everyone. After the beta testing period IQBroker will offer a free Community Edition for advanced charting, portfolio backtesting and trade simulation, as well as several paid editions for live trading.

About IQBroker LLC

Established in 2010, IQBroker LLC is a leading provider of high performance trading solutions for professional and individual traders. The company develops a sophisticated broker-neutral trading platform that offers a unique set of powerful features specifically tailored for backtesting, optimizing and executing a portfolio of algorithmic trading strategies. IQBroker also features an advanced discretionary trading solution which includes state-of-the-art charts and other high-end trading tools.

Contact
    Daniel Tochner
    Founder and CEO
    IQBroker, LLC
    https://www.iqbroker.com

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    #10     Jan 24, 2021
    bluelou and fan27 like this.