quantshare vs amibroker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gueco, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ST.M

ST.M

In addition to that IBcontroller is independent from AB. You can use IQFeed, esignal or any other data feed and still send orders to IB. So quotes and backfill on chart or in analysis window have got nothing to do with IBController.

#61     Jun 1, 2014
  2. xandman

xandman

The interface provided by Amibroker is IBcontroller 1.3.8. It is the same thing. The quotes and backfill functionality was not available until I installed the IBController.

http://www.amibroker.com/at/index.html

#62     Jun 1, 2014
  3. xandman

xandman

Solution was copy Ibroker,exe and broker.xml to to /programs if you run 64 bit. Ibcontroller only installs to /programs(x86) by default.

#63     Jun 2, 2014
  4. ST.M

ST.M

What are you talking about? The IB plugin in the plugins folder and the IBcontroller are absolutely not the same thing.

#64     Jun 2, 2014
  5. xandman

xandman

It could be 2 different things

or

it could be that your talking about what IBcontroller has become since it became open-sourced. I am not digging thru devlogs to find out,

Take your meds, crazy.

#65     Jun 2, 2014
  6. ST.M

ST.M

You wrote that IBcontroller does backfill quotes to the database. Absolute BS. And AFAIK, IBcontroller has not changed since it is still 1.38 as it was before offering it with the source codes. So what has an offered source code got to do with a current compiled version 1.38 compared to a compiled version 1.38 without source code of before? It is one and the same just with additional source code. And it still doesn't backfill quotes to the DB. It is the IB plugin that gets quotes and backfills historical data. And IB plugin doesn't need IBcontroller to get quotes and to backfill quotes. But keep up with spraying BS. If you don't (wanna) believe me than contact their support channel.

Meds? I guess you have an advantage here since you know more about those ones than me in comparison to what you know about IBcontroller and the IB plugin which is zero.

#66     Jun 2, 2014
  7. xandman

xandman

Well, how can my direct observation of what the program actually added, after I personally installed it, compare to your all-knowingness?

#67     Jun 2, 2014
  8. ST.M

ST.M

What is your observation? That it only backfills price quotes to the database if IBcontroller is installed? That's ridiculous. I'm using IB every day. And if I choose the IB plugin in the data base settings then the obvious one will happen. I'll get quotes and backfill from IB then. If you wanna tell me that you use a different plugin then it is you but not me who should take some meds because if I remove IBcontroller then AB still gets quotes and does backfill. Why is it doing that? Because IBcontroller has got nothing to do with it since it is a trading interface but not a quote backfilling application. Remove IBcontroller completely and you will agree.

Do you even understand what I'm talking about when talking about IB plugin and IBcontroller? You probably still think both are the same. No, they are still not the same and never ever have been the same ones as long as I have used AB the past few years! They are bot independent from each other.

#68     Jun 3, 2014
  9. ST.M

ST.M

Here is a support response confirming that receiving quotes data and IBcontroller module are two kind of things. The question was related to trading with IB by not using IB's data feed but instead using IQfeed.
    And of course IBcontroller needs to be placed in AB's installation directory that is actually used but not on the moon.</br></br> BTW if you use the demo version of AB then it does not save data and settings.

#69     Jun 3, 2014
  10. xandman

xandman

Makes sense. I don't remember configuring the interface before I installed the controller and only had the native database.

File -Database Settings is global to the whole app.

File - Recent Database has nothing to do with plug-ins which were already built into the app.

I get it. I'll take MY meds. Thanks.

#70     Jun 3, 2014