quantshare vs amibroker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Gueco, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Sergio77

Sergio77

Thank you guys, I will try those but still I think this capability should be available without extra coding.

#51     Oct 5, 2013
  2. taowave

taowave

Hi Sergio
    In one milion years I could not code what Master Brain did, nor would it be a prudent use of my time attempting to do so.The important thing is
    Amibroker is capable of doing so.QS can do it also, but is not built in and takes programming skills beyond my ability.I defer to the devlopers or programmers for these tasks.

Imo QS has far more built in trader friendly tools but there will always be some feature that one desired that need custom programming.I know of no program that has my full with list.

#52     Oct 5, 2013
  3. MikeRR

MikeRR

Hi Masterbrain,

Thanks for posting the info regarding Monte Carlo testing. find this very helpful, especially the gif file - http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?t=276245&page=2 from this thread.

Would you be able to give a little more info on the process of Monte Carlo testing? Do you need specific code in your formula?

Thanks

Mike

#53     May 22, 2014
  4. xandman

xandman

How good is QS integration with IBKR?

I can't seem to get Amibroker to work with ibcontroller for execution just went open source. Did they give up? it should be at the core of their development efforts.

#54     May 25, 2014
  5. Sergio77

Sergio77

Good it be easier if Amibroker had an option to attach systems to each symbol like it is done in Tradestaion and run a portfolio backtest with them? I am talking about a portfolio on systems on a single symbol. What about the same with all the symbols in a watch list?

#55     May 25, 2014
  6. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Can you please explain the problem you are having?

#56     May 28, 2014
  7. xandman

xandman

I can get quotes along with backfills of data. However when I bring up the Place Order window,. the broker isn't listed. I pull the dropdown to select broker and it is empty. At the bottom pf the place order window it says that broker window is not installed/available. I click on the button with arrows to install the interface and I get:

" You need to install broker trading interface for this to work."

I am using the version provided by the Amibroker website. Thanks.

#57     May 31, 2014
  8. ST.M

ST.M

You need to install the IBController!

#58     Jun 1, 2014
  9. xandman

xandman

I did. That's how I got quotes and backfills,

#59     Jun 1, 2014
  10. ST.M

ST.M

You get quotes and backfill from the IB plugin of AmiBroker! AB's IB controller is a trading interface for manual/auto trading and it also retrieves infos from TWS. You are talking about two different things. IBcontroller is working fine. And FYI it is open source not because they gave up as you claimed but is offered by AB for transparency and to offer us users trading possibilities with brokers other than IB. If you have problems then go to their support instead of talking clueless BS.

#60     Jun 1, 2014