Quants also use technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 19, 2007.

1. IluvVol

IluvVol

Believe me, I hold on to my claim. But you cant judge my long-term claim after 17 days thats outright stupid. You can tell me in 5 or 10 years that I was wrong, if I was. BTW, I did not make any call so I dont need to be judged or proven right or wrong. I voiced my opinion that losing traders should a long term investor approach. You clearly seem to fit the bill as you seem to have problems with understanding how our today's financial system works. Best to just get some sound stock and sit on it. Better than losing money each other day.

Take the advice or leave it, but dont come here and tell someone that long-term investment is a wrong approach because some stocks are underwater after 17 days, LOL. It just makes you look very stupid!!!

#31     Nov 20, 2007
  2. IluvVol

IluvVol

if it means nothing then why do you mention it?

Did you not want to go to bed? Something that does not let you sleep? Must be the thought of my upcoming bonus, and how sweet it is. Trust me I will hold on to my job, no doubt!!!

#32     Nov 20, 2007
  3. "I studied and practice stochastic calculus on a daily basis"

What a life, .... say hello to your CDO wife.

Cheers!

#33     Nov 20, 2007
  4. IluvVol

IluvVol

Everyone does what they enjoy and what are they are good at.

What, besides personally attacking others, are you good at and enjoy?

#34     Nov 20, 2007
  5. IluvVol,

I am very impressed by your language skill, you shouldn't worry about your job, you are very good on the sell side,...I have some CDO you might help me to sell.

#35     Nov 20, 2007
  6. IluvVol

IluvVol

i doubt you even know the slightest what a CDO actually is, how it is structured, risk managed before it gets sold. (I mean besides its abbreviation, which I would even bet 10 bucks you dont know without looking it up).

You just seem to have problems with the fact that some people come here to ET as non-day traders (but otherwise successful) to have a good laugh and relaxing time.

#36     Nov 20, 2007
  7. I create "structured, risk managed" stuff when I go to rest room, but I can't sell it like you do.

#37     Nov 20, 2007
  8. IluvVol

IluvVol

I dont sell structured products but at least you got out with the truth what you really know about structured products.....which is......shit. Maybe next time you should keep your mouth shut before you claim to know something that you clearly dont!!!

#38     Nov 20, 2007
  9. Why is it that this just seems... less than likely to me? : )
    Hmmm.. it seems that a few people in here have somehow come to believe that all 'quants' use things like RSI, MACD, etc.

Of course there are 'quants' who use technical analysis. The only people who might doubt this are those who think that RSI, MACD and the like encompass all of technical analysis. Of course all of what quants do probably isn't TA, but that doesn't mean that some of it isn't TA.

In the end, quants are attempting to do what? Quantify.

#39     Nov 20, 2007
  10. it's funny. in my experience the traders that go around pulling the snob card and trying hardest to elevate their worth or their skillset above other ppl's.... have always been without exception, nearly the lowest on their respective foodchains

i dealt with a lot of traders in a professional environment.. this trait was easy to correlate with junior and/or sub-par status

iluvvol sounds like he's probably the resident peon on his desk if he's not just completely full of shit which is even more likely

#40     Nov 20, 2007