Quants also use technical analysis?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Nov 19, 2007.

1. nitro

nitro

I couldn't disagree more. You don't know what you are talking about.

Your mental jails are your own.

nitro

#21     Nov 20, 2007
  2. IluvVol

IluvVol

Oh really, working on the sell-side for several years with numerous quants and other traders disqualifies me for voicing my opinion on a quant job. Well sounds like you are more qualified as home trader in pajamas, trading your own system. Maybe you should contact the author of "My life as a quant", Emanuel Derman who is heading the quant grad program at Columbia, and teach him what "you" quants do, lol.

Please do us a favor dont post how successful you are because AGAIN, nobody asks and nobody really cares.

#22     Nov 20, 2007
  3. nitro

nitro

These are your own jails, not mine. I don't care what Derman thinks is a quant or isn't a quant, and I am certain you don't know what one is. All you know is what everyone else tells you a quant is.

If every quant you have ever met doesn't trade, then by gawd it must be true that no quants trade.

You know, some of the most respected scientists on the earth don't call String Theory physics. I guess Ed Witten should just pack and go home and do physics in his pajamas.

nitro

#23     Nov 20, 2007
  4. IluvVol

IluvVol

I work as quant on some of the most advanced interest rate models you ignorant moron, not sure who of the two of us is the more qualified to speak of quants.

And what is this "These are your own jails, not mine." all about, you post this to every person who disagrees with you. Sounds like to me you are the one who is "locked up" in something ;-)
    Happy trading to you, pajama-trading quant master, lol.

#24     Nov 20, 2007
  5. IluvVol wrote on Nov 3 2007

To come back to your first point, indeed, for any average investor (sorry but as you probably also admit 90% of guys in here are not any smarter or more educated than our average investor) I can only recommend to hold stock long-term, anything else will significantly reduce returns over time.

Nasdaq dropped 10% since Loser IluvVol suggesting buy and hold.

#25     Nov 20, 2007
  6. nitro

nitro

It is even more clear that you don't trade, for you would not last ten minutes if your own money was on the line. Your ego and lack of restraint, in using only illogical arguments blurted out by emotional outbursts, also point to the lack of quality in your critical thinking. I suspect you will never make a good quant, and I know you will never be a good trader. Hang on to your job for dear life.

The fact that you do not understand what I mean by "language jail" means you have never studied philosophy nor mathematics deeply. Or perhaps you did but you didn't get it. Same conclusion.

I will say it one last time, because it is time for me to go to bed. You don't know what you are talking about. But I have become accustomed to that truism on ET.

nitro

#26     Nov 20, 2007
  7. IluvVol

IluvVol

Long-term does not mean 17 days you moron!!! And this was targeted to average investors or losing daytraders, such as you.

#27     Nov 20, 2007
  8. IluvVol

IluvVol

I studied and practice stochastic calculus on a daily basis. You two funny posters should get married thats for sure.

BTW, arent you this developer of ninja or whatever this IB front end is called? If yes, congratulations at least you seem to make a good living with selling stuff people dont need but making them believe they do. But then, people also spend thousands for much less valuable crap.

#28     Nov 20, 2007
  9. Loser is Loser, doesn't matter long term or short term. You made the call, you have to be responsible. Maybe your firm is different.

#29     Nov 20, 2007
  10. nitro

nitro

I have a degree in Algebraic Geometry. It means nothing.

You have issues with your father or mother, or perhaps both. They never told you were good enough and badly need to show the world how smart your are by giving your credentials. Those only matter to employers, not the market or your PnL.

Like I said, hold on to your job for dear life, because until you resolve your issues, all you will ever do is earn a paycheck and a bonus.

nitro

#30     Nov 20, 2007