Quantower versus Ninja Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shots fired, Jun 12, 2021.

1. I really like Ninja Trader. I have been training on it for 6 years. But I use the free version. I am able to use its Chart Trader feature when trading SIM, but if i want to use it for live trading, I'll have to pay $225 every three months. Chart Trader means I can set up ATM strategies, and with a click of a mouse I can set up a buy order, a target price, and a protective stop all at once. Doing these three functions separately on the DOM is maddening. Well, I can't afford $225 right now. And my broker (AMP) just came out with free platform called Quantower. I have searched and cannot find out if Quantower has a Chart Trader function (as described above). Is there anyone who has experience with Quantower and it's order placing system?

2. virtusa

virtusa

If you buy NT8 you should only pay one time $1100 and that's all. It is stupid to pay the $225 plan. If you cannot afford that, you should not be trading.

3. traider

traider

Some brokers might provide it free with account or just a fee of $50 per month. Do some research

apdxyk likes this.
  4. DevBru

DevBru

I have been using Quantower for just over a month now and i really like the platform.

It isn't perfect but no platform is, i suggested some small changes that would make sense to me and they are looking into it.

Regarding the order entry, you can use the chart trading toolbar:

[​IMG]

Or you can use the order entry window which you can link to your watchlist:

[​IMG]

Or you could just open the trade via the DOM and drag the SL and TP lines to the required levels on the charts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    apdxyk and shots fired like this.
  5. Thank you for answering my question, and being the only one who actually addressed my question.

6. May I ask for you to clarify something for me. Ninja Trader has Chart Trader which allows you to set up an ATM strategy. I right-click on the chart to place my order, and as soon as I do so my ATM strategy kicks in, and my profit target and protective stop are automatically put into place. Without the Chart Trader function, I am forced to use the DOM. And this means clicking on the ladder to place the three orders separately (buy/sell order, profit target, and protective stop). Does Quantower allow for an ATM strategy as described above. I have watched dozens of videos about Quantower, and naturally nobody mentions the ONE THING I am seeking to figure out. In other words, I want my profit target and protective stop to automatically kick in as soon as i place the order. Thank you.

7. I am much more familiar with NinjaTrader functionality than Quantower, but from looking at the screenshot it appears that there are inputs for automatically placing a stop loss and profit target with order submission.

Take a look at the help doc here: https://help.quantower.com/trading-panels/order-entry

Screenshot of the stop loss and profit target inputs:

upload_2021-6-14_9-38-31.png

8. Why not contact Quantower directly...?

9. Ninja Mobile Trader, thanks for your reply. It did seem judging by the screen shots provided by Devbru that ATM strategies were available on Quantower. But I just heard back from my broker, AMP Futures, who is promoting Quantower, and they said the following: "unfortunately, ATM strategies not yet available in Quantower, however they are currently working to include that feature and should be available soon".

I'm not sure how ya'll do it, but with the free version of Ninja Trader (without the ATM strategies enabled), I have to click on the DOM ladder to insert my buy/sell stop order. And then once it gets filled, I have to scramble to insert my protective stop, and target price... both manually. It is nerve wracking. I day-trade on a desk top. I scalp for 4 ticks.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  10. DevBru

DevBru

As Ninja Mobile Trader VPS has shown, you can set (trailing) stops and targets in the chart trading window, the order entry window and in the DOM. No sure what else you are looking for.

Another easy way is just enter the trade in the DOM and then drag the SL and TP lines to the required levels on the chart, that is how i do it most of the time since i do not know my exact stop and target levels before i enter a trade and if i have to calculate them first i might miss the entry.

I suggest you just take a demo account somewhere and get to know the platform before making a decision.

#10     Jun 14, 2021
    shots fired likes this.