Quant Thread.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TSGannGalt, Apr 30, 2009.

1. We need a Quantitative Thread.

I am a newbie Quant., Automated Trading and Strategy Trading doesn't fit the questions I have for all the smart people....

Please Baron.... help the poor desperate soul!!!

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159020&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

If it were me wanting a new forum. I'd probably start a thread on that topic in the most closely related forum. If there is adequate interest to keep it going then maybe you'd have some ammunition to get Baron to act.

On the other hand if there's not enough interest to even keep a single thread active. Then why would ET need a whole new forum?

3. wilmott.com and nuclearphynance.com.

4. bighog

bighog Guest

TSGannGalt

04-30-09 06:33 AM

We need a Quantitative Thread.

I am a newbie Quant., Automated Trading and Strategy Trading doesn't fit the questions I have for all the smart people....

_END_

Thats the common problem with quant fucks. They believe they are above the crowd and above the fray of what they call the "commom people". They never get it in their head that science, physics, math are KNOWN and proven because they follow CERTAIN laws. The mkts can not be thrown into that same catagory simply because there is no right answer for the varied inputs from mkt participants. Mkt users have different expectations and those expectations are in constant flux as price changes up or down.

Quants should stick with their calculators and HUSTLER mags and leave the mkts alone because trading mkts is way above their heads.

Nitro proves my points, he been a loser his whole life saying science is the answer. HOG OUT

5. at the very moment it looks like it's you bringing your wisdom from above the crowd and above the fray of the quants. If quants are loser it is in your own interest to shut up and let them lose money to you.

btw you should have gone to university studying some hard sciences as it looks like you are missing some basics on the subject: