Quadriga's Baha on bloomberg tv at 11:39

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Copernicus, May 24, 2005.

1. They had a good track record; this year they don't.

What can't you understand?

#11     May 24, 2005
  2. Yes, but *exactly* what did they do to achieve that 'record'?
    That's what you don't know and why the whole thing looks so suspicious. A lot of scams out there.

#12     May 24, 2005

3. Aaron,

Not sure if you're allowed to comment...but if so, how is your fund doing thus far in May? (I know April was a great month for you).

#13     May 24, 2005
  4. zdreg

zdreg

is the management co quadriga or under another name traded publicly anywhere in the world.

#14     May 24, 2005
  5. I'll take a hedgefund with no management fee and a manager I approve of over a mutual fund with a management fee any day.

#15     May 24, 2005
  6. jebara

jebara Guest

I know they have a decent record, but there fees are ridiculous. Take a look at what they charge and compare them to many other funds, also most people who invest are people who find the 5000 minimum. They are luring many newbie investors, who are naive and don't realize how much they are paying these guys.

#16     May 24, 2005
  7. Their aim is to become rich; not to make others rich.
    They rip off clients as much as they can, wouldn't you do the same?

#17     May 24, 2005
  8. jebara

jebara Guest

Thats the name of the game, but if you invest your money with them then you get what you deserve. Theres always a bigger fool, you just have to find him.

#18     May 24, 2005
  9. Aaron

Aaron

We will publish May's return within the first couple days of June. If you sign up for our monthly performance update email (by entering your email address in the box at the bottom of the <a href="http://www.schindlertrading.com/index.php?page=performance">Performance page</a> of SchindlerTrading.com) you'll be among the first to know.

We don't trade GM equity or bonds, do convertible arbitrage, or trade long term trends -- the things that seem to be tripping up the big hedge funds. We've continued to just go about our business of making short term trades in the handful of futures markets that we focus on.

By the way, in mid-April we reduced our leverage by half for the Schindler Trading program. In the future we expect to have lower volatility -- smaller up months and smaller drawdowns.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#19     May 24, 2005

10. Thanks for the response. I'm already signed up for the monthly updates so I'm looking forward to the results.

I also received the e-mail about you lowering the fund's volatility. Is this a temporary move, or do you plan on leaving it this way permanently?

#20     May 24, 2005