Quadriga Superfund - Managed Futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by USAtrader, Mar 22, 2004.

1. #781     Sep 4, 2008
  2. tommy_b

tommy_b

makloda, thanks very much for sharing. much appreciated.

#782     Sep 9, 2008
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Quadriga is holding on to their yearly gains. Still up 45% net of fees. Their gold fund recovered some, up 30% net of fees.

I thought this fund was done? Weren't some ET'ers saying this fund was going to implode? :D

#783     Dec 4, 2008
  4. Sure, without the fee structure it would have been a "little bit" better :

Charges to Each Series
    Each Series’ charges are substantial and must be offset by trading gains and interest income in order to avoid
    depletion of each Series’ assets.
    Superfund Capital Management
    • 1.85% annual management fee (1⁄12 of 1.85% payable monthly) for each Series.
    • 25% of new appreciation in each Series’ net assets computed on a monthly basis and excluding interest
    income and as adjusted for subscriptions and redemptions.
    • Up to 1% of net assets in each Series per year (up to 1⁄12 of 1% payable monthly) for organization and offering
    expenses in connection with this offering, not to exceed the amount of actual expenses incurred. These
    expenses are estimated at approximately $1,682,634 over the life of this offering (approximately $780,000 in
    connection with the offer of Units pursuant to this Prospectus).

• 0.15% of net assets in each Series per year (1⁄12 of 0.15% payable monthly) for operating expenses such as
    legal, auditing, administration, printing and postage, not to exceed the amount of actual expense incurred.
    Selling Agents and Others
    • An annual selling commission will be paid to Superfund Asset Management, an affiliate of Superfund
    Capital Management. The Units pay a commission of 4% of the month-end net asset value per Unit (1⁄12 of 4%
    per month) in the initial year after purchase. The Units pay additional selling commissions of 4% per annum
    of the month-end net asset value per Unit thereafter. Each Series and Superfund Asset Management may
    retain additional selling agents to assist with the placement of the Units. Superfund Asset Management will
    pay all or a portion of the selling commission described above which it receives in respect of the Units sold
    by the additional selling agents to the additional selling agents effecting the sales. If the selling commission
    paid in the initial year after purchase is less than 4% of proceeds due to a decrease in the net asset value per
    Unit, the maximum additional selling commissions paid will exceed 6% of the proceeds. If the selling
    commission paid in the initial year after purchase is more than 4% of the proceeds due to an increase in the
    net asset value per Unit, the maximum additional selling commissions paid will be less than 6% of the
    proceeds. In either case, the maximum cumulative selling commission per Unit sold pursuant to this
    Prospectus is 10% of the initial public offering price for such Unit (which is equal to approximately
    $48,606,044 out of the approximately $486,060,442 in Units offered pursuant to this Prospectus).
    • If you participate in a registered investment adviser’s asset-based fee or fixed fee advisory program and your
    investment adviser recommends a portfolio allocation to the Fund, your Units purchased through Superfund
    Asset Management will not be subject to the selling commissions described above.
    • $25.00 per round-turn transaction plus applicable National Futures Association (“NFA”) and exchange fees
    for brokerage commissions, where brokerage commissions are charged in U.S. dollars, a portion of which
    will be paid to the clearing brokers for execution and clearing costs and the balance of which will be paid to
    Superfund Asset Management which serves as introducing broker for each Series. Brokerage commissions
    for certain foreign futures contracts to be traded by the Fund are charged in currencies other than the
    U.S. dollar. Commission rates for brokerage commissions charged in foreign currencies will be reset on the
    first day of each calendar month to the foreign currency equivalent of $25.00 based on the then current
    U.S. dollar exchange rate for the applicable foreign currencies. Daily fluctuations in foreign currency
    exchange rates will, however, cause the actual commissions charged to the Fund for certain foreign futures
    contracts to be more or less than $25.00.

• “Bid-ask” spreads for off-exchange contracts.
    • There are no penalties or charges applied upon the redemption of Units.

#784     Dec 5, 2008
  5. gangof4

gangof4

holy shit, what a racket. no wonder he advertises the fuck out of it on cnbc.

he has balls the size of north dakota to have a fees list like this. having run OPM for almost 20 years (not now, as i'm attempting to transition to trading futures with my own $), i can't even imagine presenting this list of fees to someone. i guess it's easier when it's buried in the mountain of disclosure and he doesn't actually have to talk to anyone and defend it.

all that said... if the returns outperform on a risk adjusted basis in the eyes of the investor- matters not. hell, if i can quit imploding, this might be my model for the future! ha.

#785     Dec 5, 2008