Quadriga Superfund - Managed Futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by USAtrader, Mar 22, 2004.

1. LRD

LRD

Risk adjusted?

The article was in MAR, can't remember which issue.

#51     Mar 24, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

What's the name of your magazine?

#52     Mar 24, 2004
  3. Ebo

Ebo

You wrote it and do not know which issue!!!
    Go back in your hole.

#53     Mar 24, 2004
  4. come on guys...let him share.

Michael B.

#54     Mar 24, 2004
  5. LRD

LRD

I don't work there anymore. I could go over to the other side of the office and look it up but I'm off to the pub in a minute so I'm not gonna do that :eek: . End of last year, probably November or December edition.

#55     Mar 24, 2004
  6. Ebo

Ebo

Which is more important?
    Your integrity or your PINT?
    Until you provide us with the NAME of the publication and the ISSUE here, you are just another shill.

"Other side of the office"

What a joke you are.

Go back under your rock now!

#56     Mar 24, 2004
  7. LRD

LRD

The name is MAR, as I said previously.

As to issue number I may look that up tomorrow. November or December 2003. You should ask more nicely :p .

#57     Mar 24, 2004
  8. ptunic

ptunic

Interesting fund. One question-- the fund looks more like a hedge fund/CTA than a mutual fund. And I thought there were all sort of regulations such as $200k/year income etc, 99 person limit,etc. With a 5k minimum I am wondering if they found some way to allow even non-accredited investors?

-Taric

#58     Mar 24, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't have all the details and I'm certainly no expert in this area but I will try to answer this the best way I can. First off, Quadriga was born out of Austria and was primarily a European fund the first 5 years of its existence. It was the first hedge fund ever to go after the retail market, in fact they started the trend that eventually caught on in the US with broker dealers breaking apart hedge funds into small bundles and offering them to retail investors.

Quadriga has only been in the US for about three years. They went through the SEC and filed their paperwork and got approval. Since they are registered with the SEC and have their blue sky registration in each of the states that they sell in, they can get around the accredited investor part. Keep in mind most hedge funds are not registered with the SEC, they are. This is becoming more and more common today, more hedge funds are leaning towards registering their fund to go after the smaller investor.

#59     Mar 24, 2004
  10. ellokn

ellokn

Quadrigia is not a hedge fund and even got a hard slap on the wrist for marketing themselves as such. It is a rather expensive managed futures fund with HUGE volatility as with most trend following systems.

It is difficult to measure their performance for more than two years out on any single product because the life of each product they come out with seems to be no longer than 2-3 years.

The stuff marketed in the USA is less than two years old and it is difficult to find up-to-date performance. Can anyone say what the current YTD is? (Probably not bad due to some strong trends right now in some markets?)

They did have a managed futures product that dissapeared from the earth, same for an institutional product after a heavy draw down. I suspect that when they hit the draw down phase (which is normal with trend following systems) they kill the product and relaunch a new one.

It is difficult to sell into the retail market with that on the record.

It will be interesting to see what US investors in thier current A and B funds say about Quadrigia 18 - 36 months from now.

BTW, in addition to all the fees in those funds, all trades in those funds go through Quadrigias own IB at a hit of 30/rt.

They've got a good business plan.

#60     Mar 24, 2004