Quadriga Superfund - Managed Futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by USAtrader, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

The sales charge goes to the broker selling the fund. That is he he makes a living. He is responsible for US sales. It's a lot like the kickback that a broker gets for putting you in one of their in house mutual funds versus going to another fund family. Pretty common.

#31     Mar 23, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Almost a billion dollars now. I think their goal is to get to ten billion. But all that money is not in one fund. in other words they have the Superfund that is only for US investors, then they have Quadriga AG and GCT which is for European investors, then they have an offshore fund in the Caymans as well. They all use the same automated computer trading system. They trade over 80 different commodity markets and they are a trend following fund. They make absolutely no discretionary trades. The system automatically creates the buy signals, sets the stops and manages the profits. They caught every single large move in the commodities. They were long gold all the way up, oil, silver, the euro, indexes, bonds and beans. Pretty sweet huh?

#32     Mar 23, 2004
  3. ig0r

ig0r

How does it handle choppy markets then?

#33     Mar 23, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Unbelievably well. Don't ask me how they do it because I don't know. They make money when the markets trend and when they go sideways. I think there is always some market that is always trending, they trade over 80 of them. So when one particular market is choppy, they are probably not in that one I guess.

#34     Mar 23, 2004
  5. Ebo -

Question was quite appropriate.

As my post indicated, I am in complete agreement with you:
    "With the volatility of the fund it doesn't seem to make much of a difference".

Nonetheless, your posts until now have been informative, and I thank you for that.

#35     Mar 23, 2004
  6. newtoet

newtoet

The brochure I downloaded only had performance through 3/2003. What did the A & B do for the entire year, 2003?

Thanks.

#36     Mar 23, 2004
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Good Luck with your choice!
    If you are not sure, then put a small amount of your capital to work. You can always average up!.......or down!
    I am very happy with my investment.

#37     Mar 23, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I believe B was up around 35%. A I'm not sure of because I'm not in A. Basically B is just a more aggressive version of A, so I would venture a guess that A was up around 20% or so.

#38     Mar 23, 2004
  9. Is it possible for one to lose more than their investment due to possible margin calls?

#39     Mar 23, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Margin calls?

You can't have a margin call on a hedge fund investment.

#40     Mar 23, 2004