Quadraplegic dumped from wheelchair by a deputy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Feb 12, 2008.

1. yes.. for those that are a tad more savvy than yourself.

#31     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Not likely, Mike Vallely would have made him eat a curb. Do a search on utube for his bomb drop vid. He is at a street demo and there is a 20 foot drop that he tries to make onto a transition. He wipes out HARD..then gets back up and wipes out HARD about 10 times before he makes the trick. That man is loco!

#32     Feb 14, 2008
  3. Sorry for the quadraplegic; the cop is black and he is white, police brutality only applies to white police officers and black civilians. No surprise this incident is getting minimal airplay, with no great black reverend to call attention to it, this white quadraplegic probably won't even get dick. That's the society you great progressives have brought us . . . affirmative action anyone . . .

#33     Feb 14, 2008

4. Yeah, you're really one savvy guy, able to determine the real perpetrators of 9-11, which you, of course, know to be the US gov't. You'll always be remembered for such brilliant and savvy insight.

[​IMG]

#34     Feb 14, 2008
  5. LT701

LT701

in the skateboard incident, it comes down to this

yes, a kid should not address an officer as 'dude'

but did the officer lose control of himself in his application of authority? yes

did he do so under any particular stress, or immiediate danger to the public? no

is he fit for duty? no

if he cant handle himself when dealing with a couple of wimpy teenage skateboarders, no way would you want this guy on the scene of a robbery against hardened characters, where split second self control means life or death

respect comes not from a shiny piece of metal, but from the ability to handle yourself for the benefit of the public, under a wide variety of challenging situations. clearly this guy has no concept of that

you can see why he was assigned to the clown car and the pansy shorts in the first place

#35     Feb 14, 2008
  6. DerekD

DerekD

Glad to see that there are still rational individuals around.

#36     Feb 14, 2008
  7. DerekD

DerekD

What's ironic about the whole thing is that even his friend told him(the teenager in question) to "shut up." It appears that another teenager has better sense than some on this thread of how to behave in the presence of police.

Reminds me of a hilarious skit that Chris Rock did on his show as a poignant commentary on how to avoid police harassment and subsequent brutailty. It boiled down to showing respect and addressing an officer properly.

#37     Feb 14, 2008
  8. DerekD

DerekD

The double standard in this country is problematic. from what I recall though, two of the man's ribs were broken so I suspect he will be awarded a nice settlement.

#38     Feb 14, 2008
  9. Turok

Turok

DD:
    >Respect for authority is not something that is
    >earned. Don't be foolish.

Well, we'll certainly disagree on that one. I don't find it foolish in any way to say that that "officer's" behavior doesn't deserve any form of respect.

>Would you address a judge as "dude?"

No, if he acted like that cop, I'd just address him as "asshole".

>Would you address a doctor as "dude?"

I'll call my doctor a "dick" if he decides to act like one.

>Would you address the President of
    >the United States as "dude?"

I'll address him as he deserves (starting to see the pattern?)

>Would you address male members
    >of the Royal family as "dude?"

LOL -- now you're implying that not only can people be hired into repect, they can be *born* into respect.

No, you're examples just remind me of how glad I am that I believe respect is to be earned.

JB

#39     Feb 14, 2008
  10. :D

#40     Feb 14, 2008