Quadraplegic dumped from wheelchair by a deputy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Feb 12, 2008.

1. DerekD

DerekD

Respect for authority is not something that is earned. Don't be foolish.

Would you address a judge as "dude?"
    Would you address a doctor as "dude?"
    Would you addressl the President of the United States as "dude?"
    Would you address male members of the Royal family as "dude?"

Do you address your father as "dude?"

In any event, reread my post. I said that I don't condone the physical violence the officer resorted to. But the boy who is in violation of the law showed nothing but contempt and disrespect. A representation of failed parenthood.

#21     Feb 14, 2008
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

are you serious? the kid is 14 years old riding a skateboard...id like to see that fat fuck tell a 300 pound mulie not to call him "DUDE" anymore with the same force.....

#22     Feb 14, 2008
  3. DerekD

DerekD

Nice racism you got going on there. "300 pound mulie?" (Italian derogatory slang for African Americans)

I can see how you were raised.

Besides, there's no comparison between a 300 pound individual and a teenager. You're introducing a strawman argument.

In any event, I've seen it plenty of times. The teenagers who address officers properly while being in the wrong, which the child in the video clearly was, tend to engender leniency from police. While the ones who show disrespect end up going for a ride to the station. Respect is a form of diplomacy.

#23     Feb 14, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

respect my ass....the cop woke up on the wrong side of the bed and took it out on a teenager. There is aboslutely no reason to strangle the kid and take his skateboard away; he wasnt resisting arrest was he??

you can call it what you want; but in this case the COP not the kid was in the wrong ( take a poll and ull see ).....and yes mulie means what it means...just like spic does...

#24     Feb 14, 2008
  5. DerekD

DerekD

No point in discussing this further with you since it appears you have a problem with authority and rational discourse.

I never said the policeman was in the right. I said he had a point about disrespect. Because the teenager is a victim of apparent police brutality doesn't magically transform the teenager in question into a saint nor absolve him of his tresspassing.

#25     Feb 14, 2008

6. While the Tampa incident was indescribably terrible, I got No Problem whatsoever with this one. None.

#26     Feb 14, 2008
  7. nope.. in fact he had already fully complied with the officer's wishes not to skate. he also pointed out to the officer that he didn't have a father, thats when the cop goes psycho. last time i looked, that wasn't a crime. cops deserve our respect on the streets until they abuse their "authority"...

the only thing i would say to this nut is "am i being detained... am i under arrest... am i free to go?"

#27     Feb 14, 2008

8. spoken like a true Trotskyite/neocon/fox worshipper.

#28     Feb 14, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

no you said the policeman has a point.... was his point no riding skateboard or was it please dont call me dude?? :p what a joke...

#29     Feb 14, 2008
  10. I guess this might show which side you represent.

[​IMG]

#30     Feb 14, 2008