quad video cards - 4 monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by watchdaride, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Appears to be giving you the choice of "1X4" or "2x2". What other could you want from 4 monitors??

#11     Dec 5, 2012
  2. Want to have 4 individual screens so i can have a chart in each one .when it 2x2 one chart is spread over 2 screens and it a pain each time to adjust to fit in one screen .

#12     Dec 5, 2012
  3. Not sure what's going on with your Eyefinity... other than you're not getting what you want or what you should.

If I were you, I'd abandon Eyefinity and go with NVS 420 or NVS 450. Horsing around with "what you got ain't working" is a waste of time and energy.... likely you're not going to make it work regardless or what you do.

#13     Dec 5, 2012
  4. Yeah putting a bid on one on ebay tonight . wast just hoping there was something i was overlooking . Will add the card to my pile of computer junk .

#14     Dec 5, 2012
  5. If you've got the "el-cheapo" mobo, it's a crap shoot whether a quad card will run on your computer.

All PCIE devices are "supposed to run on any slot into which you can fit them", but that's not always the case.

Good Luck.

#15     Dec 5, 2012
  6. Personally, I would never buy a mobo with <2 PCIEx16 slots... but at least this one does not have one of the hallmarks of "el-cheapo"... that is, "onboard video". You might be OK running a quad port card.

#17     Dec 5, 2012
  7. i hope so . thanks for all the info .

#18     Dec 5, 2012
  8. Eddie Z

Eddie Z

Eyefinity is actually awesome if you know what to get...The problem is that people don't know and if you get like a firepro 2600 then u get stuck having to have matching monitors...For 4 monitors get 2 X Nvidia 610GT...if your motherboard can handle 2 cards..

If you only have a slot for 1 card via pcie x16 then get HIS IceQ X H777QN1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition....and make sure you get 2 X ACTIVE mini display port to DVI adapters....That card will support 4 individual screens with the active adapters

#19     Dec 5, 2012