Quad or Dual processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pkts, Mar 13, 2008.

1. caru423

caru423

I have the matroxg series dual and quad cards with cable adapters. These usually are compatable with all on board video cards. I am not sure why they are over looked on this thread as the link was posted earlier. They could provide a good solution.:cool:

#11     Mar 14, 2008
  2. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

I agree 100% with the staying with Win XP Pro, have tried both and XP pro has been a ton more reliable and faster for me, I am not a MSFT basher at all but I am in the camp that believes Vista is ready to handle Grandma's email and looks pretty but for big time apps like trading software it is not up to par yet. Definitely go with XP Pro still.

#12     Mar 18, 2008
  3. TGM

TGM

How much extra does dell charge for more than one of the Nvidia 290? I can't find it on their website and dont fell like calling at the moment.

I would not mind getting a t3400. I need it to run 6 monitors tho.-- 4-19 inch lcd's and 2 --24 inch lcd's.

#13     Mar 18, 2008
  4. It's on there.
    And it's pretty easy to see when you "configure" the computer . . . $80 for an additional NVS-290

#14     Mar 18, 2008
  5. TGM

TGM

Your right it is on there now. But either I am blind or it was not on there last time I priced one out. I am probably blind!

I wonder if they only charge 80 bucks for a third card? I am going to call this weekend.

thanks

:D

#15     Mar 18, 2008