Quad Monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redline, Mar 21, 2007.

1. RL8093

RL8093

I run 3 - 19s for my charts. I use a 4th for brokers / news, which is currently off to the side. Having it off to the side is a pain getting mouse over to it. I plan to relocate it above the center screen (pyramid formation) in near future.

#11     Mar 24, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

Yes, you will need additional video cards.

You can do whatever you want... one app across all monitors... 4 apps, one app filling each monitor, or each of the monitors with 2 apps, or whatever...

#12     Mar 24, 2007
  3. Looks like the Ergotron 4's. Do you find the adjustments, tilt/angle sufficient? Price point looks very good, but you can't return the arm if you don't like. That's why I asking you. These guys are the cheapest I found. http://www.provantage.com/ergotron-33-096-200~7ERGT083.htm

I have 5 horizontal 10"s on 2 CPU's right now. So far I like, but for $200 I might consider going 4 cluster and then 1 on the side. The deskspace would be much less.

#13     Mar 24, 2007
  4. yes i find the tilt excellent on the top 4. i use 2 cpu's and a kvm switch for 1 mouse and keyboard. i'm actually not using all the top 4 anymore as i used to have 9 or so accounts and i've cut back to 4. i use 2 on the top for briefing and some graphs.

#14     Mar 24, 2007
  5. Surdo

Surdo

There is no reason to have more than 3 or 4 19" monitors other than for your ego!

lefty

#15     Mar 24, 2007
  6. Thanks, what KVM do you use that works well. I just returned the Belkin USB KVM 2 port. I took 4-5 seconds to switch!

#16     Mar 24, 2007
  7. i have a 4 port belkin and its no problem. now i'm not switching back and forth like a mad man. as far as you only need 4 monitors it dpendons what you're doing. if i'm trading 6 or 7 accounts i want 1 account per screen. also one might want 3 or 4 monitors for graphs. as far as hard core trading you only need 2 screens but if you ahve other things going on the more screens the better

#17     Mar 24, 2007
  8. redline

redline

i have to decided to go with the pyramid set up. (3 horizontal & i on top of centre) i have found that using the 4 horizontal can lead to 'blind spots' between the two outer monitors, as when looking at monitor a or d you have no exposure to monitor d or a. with the pyramid set up the monitors wll be better placed in my field of view.

#18     Mar 25, 2007

9. Some of us who trade automated systems, and run multiple strategies across multple accounts and markets need to manage all those sytems, and your cute little set up just won't get it done. :D

I have 5 24" and 8 20", and I may have a large ego sometimes...but when it comes to trading, making $ is all that matters. This setup is to serve that end. Could I make some money with less? sure, but I want to make more, I want to expand, I want to take money from the market implementing every strategy I can conceive. I can see myself with 24 monitors, managing multiple systems, and multiple strategies across multiple markets, cranking out 50k days with very limited and defined risk, that's my ultimate goal. :cool:

To the original poster, I would go with the 2 x 2, and a quad stand.

#19     Mar 25, 2007
  10. skippy

skippy

#20     Mar 25, 2007