Quad LCD Monitor Stands

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuturesTrader71, Feb 18, 2005.

1. On the stand I got, I have the bottom 2 screens set just 2 inches from the base. The keyboards fit nicely just underneath them. They are not flat with each other (not in the same line as shown in most images) and they are tilted up. They all are turned towards each other also. The upper monitors are set right on top of the bottom ones and are tilted downwards. The bottom of the top row is about eye-height with a smallish gap in between the top and bottom row (I don't want the bottom monitors to carry any of the weight of the top ones as settlement occurs; so they don't touch).

I actually have a six-monitor setup. I have the quad stand turned and shifted to the right so that my trading monitor (bottom left on the stand) and the monitor above it are right in front of me. To the left of it, I have a Sony 17" widescreen LCD that has my long-term charts and then I switch it to TV when I'm done looking at the daily stuff. That monitor is sitting right on the desk and is also part of the circular shape pointing right towards me and to the left of the trading monitor. On the right side of the quad stand, I have another Dell LCD also standing on the desk that has CVB charts, quote board, interest rate products, currencies, etc for reference (I trade index futures). So basically, I have 4 on the stand and one monitor flanking each side of the quad stand with the trading monitor directly in front of me and tilted up.

I hope that makes sense. I was planning to post a picture in the Setups thread but haven't done it yet. I feel that it works very well and I don't have to look up. The farthest monitor to the right is the only one I would consider unergonomic because I have to turn my head. The rest of it is just eyeball movement.

I hope this description will give you the info you need to make a decision.

#31     May 28, 2005
  2. NKNY

NKNY

Thanks for the info.....

I can live with the lower top screens at eye level..

I think I may be going with a quad ergotron stand as I dont have the rom now until I get into my new place next year. The I really would like to get a 5 screen setup with 3 on the bottom and 2 on top. I think all I simply need to get is a 3 screen arm to replace the lower 2 screen on the ergotron if I'm not mistaken.

Again , thanks for the info....

Nick

#32     May 29, 2005
  3. TGregg

TGregg

On mine, my bottom monitors are about 1.5" off the desk, and eye level for my setup is dead on with the top of the bottom monitor and the bottom of the top one (2 rows of three 19" monitors plus a CRT off to the side). It's not uncomfortable at all to look up just slightly. My main two screens are right in front of me, one on the bottom and one on the top.

It works pretty well.

There's room between my keyboard and monitors for stuff like this glass of wine, and a big mug of water, etc. And I can see right over the wine glass to see the entire bottom monitor.

#35     Jun 16, 2005
  4. #36     Jun 16, 2005
  5. If you go with ergotron its cheaper to buy 2 dual stands than there quad.

#37     Jun 18, 2005
  6. i bought the ergotron stand about 2 years ago. It was this one actually.
    http://www.ergotron.com/5_support/literature/PDF/05-030.pdf

I have it set up with 3 monitors on the bottom and 2 on the top. It greatly enhanced my available sight area and allowed me to watch more level 2 boxes. I suggest buying it based on what it will do, not how much it costs. If you are doing this job as a hobby then dont, but if this is your main business, then when it comes to your equipment dont shortchange yourself. I dont know how much I paid for it, im thinking around 600 or something for the stand, maybe 800 I cant really remember.

#38     Jun 18, 2005
  7. sh1nn3r

sh1nn3r

I bought the horizon triple stand about a year ago and it seems to work
    https://www.jestik.com/products/jestik-horizon

I am using 3 27" screens dells rowed up on the bottom. The stand is pretty steady once and a while you have to readjust of you bump it. There are some other models out there but I prefered the one with an actual stand.

#39     Nov 1, 2018
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

KRIƋGER KL4327N
    WALI Quad LCD Monitor Desk Mount

#40     Nov 25, 2018