Quad LCD Monitor Stands

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuturesTrader71, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Sorry about the trouble. Can you take a picture of the top of the vertical tube looking down. I have a 5th monitor on my setup that I think they have a center mount for (I know I'm getting carried away with this one :) ). Thanks.

PS: If it is a hassle, forget about it.

#21     Feb 19, 2005
  2. Tboy911

Tboy911

No problem.

#22     Feb 19, 2005
  3. Thanks. I just order one to try out. I got it from Page Computer. I also dropped some question to Moview to see if additional parts can be added later to the same stand.

I appreciate your input and all the photos. The stand looks perfect for your desk.

#23     Feb 19, 2005
  4. For monitor stands, I use the RV Stands avlb. in the Recreational Vehicle or Automotive Section of WalMart. About 9$.

If you come in my store, I'd be glad to point them out. :cool:

Geo.

#24     Feb 19, 2005
  5. I've been asked to clarify this by many.

The stand is a 3" diameter pipe 12" in length to both ends of which is welded a 7" square flat plate with holes in each corner.

I have a credenza type thing behind my desk which is AGAINST A WALL. I had 6 monitors and wanted to get 3 of them up into the air in a back row creating a sit down version of an nyse trading station.

There is a round version shown on the front of this RV:

http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index.cfm?a=d&vid=134865&affiliateid=1645&tc=36325

Those living outside the US, if you have anything like a Home Depot or Lowes a piece of pipe cut to your length, threaded on both ends with a flat plate screwed on would be fine. Like what you would need to set up a mailbox or maybe something like this:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...wse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=Stands

My set up obviously looks like hell from the back which is why I mentioned that it is against a wall. It looks very presentable from the front as the table level row hides the stands jacking up the row in back. The credenza is cheap so I dont care that it's got bolts through it.

Finally, I have a little 4" square pop down RV TV bolted to the underside of my credenza top so I can watch Oprah. :)

Geo.

#25     May 19, 2005
  6. JayS

JayS

What did you end up going with? I'm about to go quad from dual and love my dual ergotron but they are a little pricey.

#26     May 19, 2005
  7. I ended up going with the same one as Tboy911. I bought it from Pagecomputers.com. It is not the best quality and isn't as easy to adjust as the ergotrons. However, once you have it set up, then it does the job well. It is not recommended if you frequently adjust your setup.

#27     May 19, 2005
  8. NKNY

NKNY

#28     May 27, 2005
  9. The base is usually heavy enough to bring the center of gravity back down low if you are concerned about tipping over. If ergonomics are the concern, then you can simply place the bottom row low and have the upper row set so that you just have to turn your eyes up. What exactly is your concern?

#29     May 27, 2005
  10. NKNY

NKNY

Hi futures trader....

Thanks for the info.... I'm more concerned with the ergonomics....

How low can the lower screens be set off the desk...?

Nick

#30     May 28, 2005