Quad core doesn't support xp pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rhamos, Feb 4, 2008.

1. d08

d08

There are no issues with AMD, this lylec character doesn't know what he is talking about. Intel wants you to believe AMD has issues, you shouldn't eat whatever Intel feeds you.

#101     Sep 15, 2010
  2. Is this the same guy with an alias? Another retard gamer boy poser, you can't trade on halo. Another flamer down. Go suck the other guy D08 ...

/dev/websphere: 8 socket AMD server scalability issues
    I was recently involved with a customer that was using an 8 socket AMD based server running a Unix. The machines had 32 cores each and a lot of RAM.

XP Service Pack 3 Kills AMD Machines
    XP Service Pack 3 Kills AMD Machines : Windows XP Service Pack 3 finally arrived to our computers this ...

AMD 64 Bit System Issues
    http://www.amd64world.com/ The intended purpose of this site is to be a forum for AMD 64 Bit system issues. Especially an information source on what hardware has drivers for Windoze ...

amd64world.com · Cached pageGlobal Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media ...
    Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and partners to ignite the next generation of computing and ...

www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx · Cached pageXP Service Pack 3 Kills AMD Machines
    The OS was installed directly from a MS XP SP2 OEM cd. No flashed HD's with Intel images here. So my experience is definately an AMD processor or proceesor/MB issue.

www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-XP-SP3,5334.html · Cached pageAMD HSF Issues
    Anyone else encounter this? I just bought a brand new system : -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ So939 -Asus A8N-SLI Dlx NF4 Once built, Windows installed etc, the cpu fan seems to just s...

www.computing.net/answers/cpus/amd-hsf-issues/11646.html · Cached pageYahoo! Message Boards - Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) - AMD ISSUES ...
    AMD ISSUES EXPOSED Monday, July 02, 2007 AMD Quietly Announces K10 Launch Time Frame AMD officially announced when K10 would be released and gave a small interview to IDG.

messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_(A_to_Z)/Stocks_A/threadview?m=te&bn=893&tof=33&rt=2... · Cached pageAMD: MacBook issues giving graphics bad rap | Nanotech - The ...
    Mar 11, 2009 · Chipmaker is concerned that lingering issues--both real and speculative--with Apple MacBooks are casting all laptop-class graphics processors in a bad light. Read this ...

news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10193327-64.html · Cached pageAMD's quad-core Phenom processors face compatibility issues ...
    There's all the makings of a class-A debacle over at AMD headquarters, as it turns out that the chip maker's quad-core Phenom processors are incompati

www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/amds-quad-core-phenom-processors-face-compatibility-issues-amd · Cached page

#102     Sep 15, 2010
  3. GTS

GTS

Did you even bother to read the links you included?

Random user comments, blog postings, a link to a story about AMD graphics issues (read: ATI) and the last link which reads "There's all the makings of a class-A debacle over at AMD headquarters, as it turns out that the chip maker's quad-core Phenom processors are incompatible with some popular motherboard chipset" - e.g. Nothing to do with what is being discussed here which is application issues with AMD processors

Post a real verified link showing an application issue with AMD vs Intel.

Its clear that you are desperately trying with these lame irrelevant links but can't because they don't exist.

#103     Sep 15, 2010
  4. Ask your this question. If AMD is that great wouldn't it be bigger than intel? But you rather flame people with garbage. Don't give people bad advise with topics you are not familar with. You and other flamers can form a circle and jerk each other off, fuik tards. Stay away from me, go flame each other, losers.

#104     Sep 15, 2010
  5. Go stick a couple of AMD chips up yr ass and jump up and down. No one has to prove anything to an asshole flamer

#105     Sep 15, 2010
  6. Go research AMD issues, there are many. People should be aware of these issues. If AMD is great go use it. No one is stopping you. If you can run faster with a couple of AMD chips up yr ass, go for it. It suits you, retarded flamers, go suck each other off you fuiktards! Stay away from me

#106     Sep 15, 2010
  7. GTS

GTS

I like how you reply to the same post of mine twice, 20 minutes apart - shows you are really becoming unhinged.

I never said AMD processors were better or worse than Intel's but I am knowledgeable enough to call someone out when they are spreading FUD about some applications not being able to run on AMD processors which is total bullshit.

For the record, I'm long INTC and have no position in AMD.

#107     Sep 15, 2010
  8. I'm only replying to un-educated comments. I'm sharing real experiences, no FUD. Like I said before, I have never come across AMD in enterprise computing. However, people should use whatever they like, it's their choice. Just beware of whats out there.

I have come across issues with software on new chipsets AMD and intel. The latest and greatest is not always backward campatible. Trading software is not processor intensive. Buy accordingly, save where you can.

Like others on ET, I am tired of flamers. Many use private message, I will also.

#108     Sep 15, 2010