Quad 2.4 or Duo 3.0?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmiles301, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

it all depends on the mobo...

some mobo are designed to be OC'd. The ROM came with all the switches -- you can adjust virtually anything at each stage of computing: the voltage, the clock, the latency, etc., and they have all the software utilities to make the job easier.

#31     Dec 30, 2008
  2. DmanX

DmanX Guest

Start with 4GB now and see if you need it later. All depends on what you want to do with your system. The more programs you run simultaneously, and the more memory intensive they are, you may find that you would benefit from 8GB.

Also depends on your feed type. Tick by tick feeds tend to be more memory intensive.

#32     Dec 30, 2008
  3. probably not. I'm on quad 2.4GHz now with 3GB RAM......while trading, I have my GOM audio on and at least 5 IE open....and I barely use 1/2Gig. I guess it won't hurt, but check you task manager.

#33     Dec 31, 2008
  4. bighog

bighog Guest

DMANX is way off the mark. Must be his first computer.

There is no such thing as building a computer for future upgrading. Computers are not upgraded past 2 weeks after you fire that puppy up.

YOU REPLACE computers. :p

#34     Dec 31, 2008
  5. DmanX

DmanX Guest

LOL. :D

#35     Dec 31, 2008
  6. Well, I decided to go with the Q6600. Seemed to make sense. Especially since esignal plans to develop into a multithreaded program by the end of 09. Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it.

- Jon

#36     Dec 31, 2008
  7. #37     Dec 31, 2008
  8. Did you just say E-Signal?
    Big mistake.

And I speak from personal experience on this, unfortunately.
    :D

#38     Dec 31, 2008
  9. Our trading firm has a business deal with E-signal so I've used it for years. It does what I need with no problems.

#39     Dec 31, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

I've had eSignal >10 years. Nary a real glitch, not enough outages worth mentioning.

They might be pricey(?), but reliability has been very good.

Surprised you've had difficulties... you're in CA, right? Fewer hops for you than me...

#40     Dec 31, 2008