QT won't launch - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tomahawk, Oct 23, 2007.

1. IMHO they will save themselves and the user a ton of time by recommending the re-install right off the bat, since it's so easy to do and you lose nothing.

#11     Oct 23, 2007
  2. Glad to hear your problem was easily solved, out of curiosity, were you able to keep your previous configuration?

#12     Oct 23, 2007
  3. wpfund

wpfund

#13     Oct 23, 2007
  4. They would'v advised that if it were the solution, obviously in this case is wasn't.

I'm also surprised by their online remote assistance now, it seems a bit over the top. Maybe they decided because it is the quickest solution and will cost the least of time in the end. They may even learn about bugs faster than before.

Anyway, it is refreshing to business with an outfit that is actually interested in solving the problem, instead of protecting time and budget of the helpdesk department, as is mostly the case. Wonderfull

Ursa..

#14     Oct 23, 2007
  5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

tom,

Way to stand up and tell the story. I have used QT and think it's a fine tool at an attractive price - free! I have no affiliation with them, I just think they put out a terrific product. There are but a few on this site with your integrity and willingness to admit a mistake publicly.

#15     Oct 23, 2007
  6. Thank you for the reference WP,

I am familiar with the backup option, I was more inquiring if any of his previous configuration files were corrupted as well and QT recommended a clean slate.

#16     Oct 23, 2007
  7. Agreed.

<3 QT :D

#17     Oct 23, 2007
  8. I heard a rumor today that IB was going to initiate the same kind of service in the near future.:D

#18     Oct 23, 2007
  9. Haha, funny. But it was a colossal mistake that they didn't steal QT before A-trade did it. Would've been an unbeatable combo.

Ursa..

#19     Oct 24, 2007
  10. Sorry for the late response. Yes, everything came back just as it was.

#20     Oct 25, 2007