QT features?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Mar 24, 2006.

1. OK, I get it. Never heard of ANYBODY using "time period " that way before though. 99% of traders will refer to time period in the way you refer to frequency. They don't usually even mention limitations for the total period.

For example, who would say "bring up a 5 min chart, but limit it to 2 days"? imo, the max possible for the "frequency" should always be displayed.

Just a thought.
    Jay

#21     Mar 25, 2006
  2. Not quite - when they bring up the 5 min chart - there will always be some limitation. You will either see a lot of days, but the bars will be small or it will be zoomed in and you have to make the bars smaller to see longer periods. Or, as with some programs, if you make the chart window bigger, that actually changes what you see on the chart.

We don't find that intuitive at all. If you want to bring up a 5 min chart with all data - fine - set that as your default and QT will show that every time.

There are a set number variables no matter which program you use - chart size, time period, frequency and bar size. which ones affect the others is what is different in QT. I think once you get used to it, you will find it is much better than what the others use.

#22     Mar 25, 2006
  3. it all sounds good. I'm going to play with it for several hours Sunday.

thanks.

jay

#23     Mar 26, 2006
  4. Can someone tell me how to turn off candlesticks and use OHLC in QT? I've been crusing through the help menu, and preferences tabs, and cannot figure this out. Looks like a great product for the price, but surely isn't intuitive.

Thanks,

Jay

#24     Mar 26, 2006
  5. Jay, remember how I said QT relies on the right click menu?

Right click on the chart. Select Chart Type. Select Candlestick

If you want to make that the default, configure the chart however you want the default chart to look like, then right click on it and select "Save Template and reset all"

#25     Mar 26, 2006
  6. Just figured that out as I came back here.

Next question, any way to NOT use a menu to use parallel or Fib lines? As I see it, you must draw a line, click on it, and then make a choice out of a menu. Configuring a button to do it in one step would be a time saver.

#26     Mar 26, 2006
  7. No, there isn't. We really avoid using toolbars (and thus buttons) because they waste a lot of screen space.

#27     Mar 26, 2006
  8. Jerry

I love the builtin bar countdown timers. Is there any way you could add an optional alert at 20 seconds to the end of the bar like some of the other clocks have?

#28     Mar 27, 2006
  9. not likely to happen. We do not do alerts on chart specific stuff. Plus you would have alerts going off constantly

#29     Mar 27, 2006
  10. Hi Jerry,

I wonder if you have any plans to alleviate your imposition of Windows/IE. Don't you feel, as a distiguished programmer, that portability is in order?

Thanks,
    kt

#30     Mar 27, 2006